Disaster Strikes....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by geekpreacher, Apr 25, 2010.

1. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Hey, wanted to let everyone know that we've had a bit of a problem. A 10 HD tree decided to do a surprise suicide attack on our domicile during a windstorm but it found out quickly that it was not powerful enough to cleave the entire roof with one hit. It was aiming for my extensive gaming collection but missed it by inches. Most of the collection is undamaged because it made its item saving throw as a whole but a few individual "spell books" failed their throw and were damaged but not destroyed.

The family also came through safely and while we are displaced we expect to find a new residence shortly. This is, of course, going to be strange because wherever we stay will only be temporary since we still have to move at the end of June.

This all occurs while I have finals coming up in the next few weeks so it should be an interesting time. Any and all kind thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

GP

2. mark

mark Spellbinder

Stay strong. I'll keep a good thought. I'm glad no one was hurt and that your sense of humor has come through unscathed, as well.

3. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Glad to hear the family is safe.

Hang in there!

4. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

....& I was concerned about you traveling by car to Garycon 2. Looks like you don't have to go far for the "Fates" to throw you a curveball. Very happy to hear all are safe & damage was minimal.

5. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Yeah, I'm like a Timex. Takes a lickin' but keeps on tickin'. Things are looking good and the family is safe so that's what really matters. Plus, all the kind wishes and good thoughts from far and wide has been awesome.

6. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Sorry to hear this. Glad yer all well. I hope everything works out OK (insurance and getting it all fixed)!

All the best,

Rhu/Ross.

:)