DnD nights

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by nukeddude, Jul 27, 2009.

1. nukeddude

nukeddude Level 0 Character

k there are DnD every saturday at the Green Dragon down in North Charleston SC. Right now we have about 5-6 people including my self playing... The more the marrier as they say.

2. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Wichita, Kansas here. Sounds fun but I don't think I can swing the commute!

:D

3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I hate to say it, but I don't even have a gaming group these days. I am on the central coast of California- but if I was closer, I would stop in.

4. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Now where did you get that idea from? ;)

5. nukeddude

no i joined this last weekend. it had been going on for a few months with different campains going and i found out about it from one of the guys that i work with.

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Glad you've got something to look forward to every week. What type of charater are you playing?
    WAIT!!!! Let me guess...............Female Sea Elf! :lol: :p

7. nukeddude

no :lol: a dwarf claric

8. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Sounds kewl. What is the "Green Dragon" as it pertains to Charleston, SC? A pub? A game store? One day when I quit this Gov't contracting business, I'm gonna open a gaming or book store (hopefully in the middle of nowhere and as far from DC as possible, and as long as the succubus allows me too...!)

9. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

We could always use a good gaming/book store/ pub in Lake Geneva, WI. ;)

10. silas

silas Chevalier

I used to live in Charleston--man I wish I had a gaming group when I was there!

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

You know, that's a good combination... I always wanted to own a cozy, musty old book store that serves a little coffee (none of that froo froo crap), has a bunch of comfortable chairs and couches. I like the idea of people hanging out reading a book, havin' a cup o' joe (even though I don't touch the stuff) and relaxing. I'd even let my customers take a nap there if they wanted. But I suppose I could have the game rooms in the back, get a liquor license, and let the ole' Grogs have at it. I think my heart would be content if I could realize that dream. And, seriously, where would be a better location than in the area that gave birth to it all? If there is a market for such a thing, it is surely in Lake Geneva, Wiscaaansan. :)

12. MAJ Bill

MAJ Bill Level 0 Character

In Des Moines, Iowa there is a place called Cup O' Kryptonite that is a coffee joint/comic book store that has a very comfortable, coffee house atmosphere where you can play games. No booze, though :(

13. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Just came across this thread. Yeah, I think something like that would be tremendously awesome. In fact, if I wasn't doing what I'm doing now I'd try my best to open something like that but I'd be checking out the surrounding market to see if it was viable.

Most successful game shop owners I've known have some other type of business on the side. They're just happy for their shop to break even. In my case, if I did something like that I'd want it to be a viable business.

14. silas

silas Chevalier

I lived in Germany in the 1980s (when I was in high school) and I would go with my friends to a basement tavern in a suburb of Frankfurt to game. Roughly translated, the place was called "Joe's smokeroom" and it was a 15th century building with a very medieval feel to it. In the basement were these side rooms where you could game and drink Tuborg beer all night.

Many an adventure was played there (and many a hangover after!). My buddy Carl Alex was a master DM, and led us through the ENTIRE D10 "Night's Dark Terror" module in that tavern. Took us weeks to get through it.

15. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I ran a store in the mid-nineties that lasted a whole year (plus a little). I was recently reminded after a birthday celebration for one of my friends, who I also happened to meet at that store, that we had known each other (meaning all of us, for the most part) for 14 years. Even though the store didn't last all that long, the friendships did. And we still game.

Anyone else have Mondays reserved for their game sessions? I hear most games are either on the weekend or a Thursday/Friday sort of scenario. Mondays are ours, for numerous reasons.

16. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Yeah, my group plays alternating Mondaysfrom around 3 until 8 pm. We also agree to play hookie once every 3 months or so and sneak in an all day session.

17. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Ah yes, the all-day game sessions. They're hard to do these days for us (there are 12 of us) but fun when you can sneak them in.

18. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Yeah, large groups are tough for that sort of thing. We only have 4 guys so it is not too difficut.