Dungeons Deep Designs

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by dndgeek, Jan 11, 2011.

1. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Greetings folks!

I just stopped in to announce that the website for our humble little studio, Dungeons Deep Designs, went live today, 1.11.11, at http://dungeonsdeepdesigns.com. The focus of our company is on fantasy adventures and our first two modules, The Cabal King and In Dungeons Deep, will be available for purchase and download in April. In the meantime, however, you can learn about these and other upcoming products in the Games section of our Wares pages. You can also browse a modest selection of art from the pages of our products that is ready for purchase, in the Art section.

The adventure modules are written in Dungeons Deep RPG rules and the rule book, the Dungeons Deep Omnibus, will be available in 2012. In the meantime, the DD Tournament Rules, a streamlined version of the Omnibus, will be available on the Downloads page of our website, also in April. The adventures can be easily converted to many other popular fantasy role-playing games as well, should you so choose.

For those of you familiar with either of the previous incarnations of The Cabal King module (as a give-away at Gary Con II and as a for-sale beta at Fal-Con), note that this first production version is re-written for the DD ruleset, with a largely re-designed 2nd mine level and includes a background which ties in more tightly with the other adventures in the series (not to mention a heavy dose of editing).

For those of you unfamiliar with Dungeons Deep Designs, I’ll give you a brief synopsis, just as a preamble to explaining our product release schedule: A friend and I, the two eventual founders of the company, found out about the Gary Con I gaming convention, to be held in March of 2009, a few weeks before the con was to take place. We thought it would be appropriate to write an AD&D module in tribute to Gary, bring it to the convention, run it and maybe even give a copy to Gary’s children or anyone else interested. We acquired a cover picture and, after a lot of hard work and a few sleepless nights, we finished it a few hours after we should have already left for the convention. We unfortunately then had printing issues and so couldn’t deliver it as planned, but we had a great time and it was there that I learned of Keith Christensen. Keith produced the first concept work for a monument to Mr. Gygax, which was on display and auctioned off at the convention.

We agreed to go back to Gary Con the following year and release the module, with some improvements, as a give-away at the door, in support of the convention. We acquired a color cover from Keith, as well as some images from local artists and freely distributed close to 100 copies at Gary Con II. (That version saw little in the way of editing, however and had a few print issues, most noticeably the uneven outside page borders.) On the drive back home to Connecticut, we began formulating ideas for another module to release the following year and within a couple of hours, we had a new adventure laid out that tied into the previous one. Considering all of the work put into the last module, however, we reasoned that if we were going to do any more, we should start a business and that is how it began.

We continue to be committed to the original plan of releasing a module per year at Gary Con in support of the convention so, because the Cabal King adventure was originally released at Gary Con II (and was too deadly for a 1st to 3rd level, campaign starter module), it has become the second module in our series. In Dungeons Deep, to be released at Gary Con III, is our third in the series. We therefore needed a first module in the series, which we are currently working on (titled, Knight’s Errand) and which will be released concurrently with the fourth modules of the series (titled, Revenge of the White Wyrm), at Gary Con IV in 2012.

So, that explains why we are releasing modules 2 and 3 of the 5-part series before module 1, but also note that we didn’t decide to undertake the creation of a rule set until after Gary Con II, which is why the rule book is also being released after the first two modules. (The free tournament rules, however, will allow you to fully play both adventures in the mean time.)

Anyway; that is all I wanted to say and I thank you all for your time and attention. We hope to be serving your RPG needs in the coming months and for years to come.

-Jason M Cook
    Dungeons Deep Designs

2. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I'm looking forward to checking out your new adventures, Jason!

3. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Thanks, Grodog! I pre-reg'd for one of your slots. We'll see if I get it or not.

4. Dale

Dale Administrator

I wish you much success on your venture, and thanks for supporting GC last year!

I will check out your site- and will see you in a few short months.

5. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Thanks, Dale. It was our pleasure. See you soon!

6. grodog

grodog Troubadour

There should be plenty of room, or so I hope, anyway :D

7. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Oh, yeah. I registered for one of your sessions as well, Allan. And likewise, I registered for a go around of GC2: The Cabal King. Here's hoping I get in both!

8. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Cool; maybe we'll get to game together!

9. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I'll hack my way into a session if I have to. :)

10. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

That's great, Jason - congratulations and most definitely all the best in your "delving!!" (w00t!)

:cool:

11. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Ha ha...awesome! I think GaryCon frowns on the slaying of other patrons, but I won't say anything if you won't.

Thanks much, James!

Also, FYI: all proceeds from the sales of the Cabal King module will go to the Gygax Memorial Fund until we get that sucker erected.

12. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Ha ha...awesome! I think GaryCon frowns on the slaying of other patrons, but I won't say anything if you won't.

I hear there might be some Trolls present, so after hacking my way through, I had best set them ablaze. ;-)

13. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Artist Jeff Dee to illustrate for Dungeons Deep Designs

Dungeons Deep Designs has come to an agreement with artist Jeff Dee, of TSR and Villains & Vigilantes fame (among his many ventures), to illustrate several upcoming products! Look for his art in the Knight's Errand and Revenge of the White Wyrm fantasy adventure modules for our Dungeons Deep fantasy RPG. In the meantime, peruse his excellent work here: http://www.io.com/unigames/gallery.html.

14. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Great news, Jason. Somehow I didn't end up buying any copies of your new module at the show, though: do you still have any left?

15. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Hey Allan,

We were hiding out in the vendor room. :lol: PM me your address and I'll send you a copy along with our rulebook when its ready, around July 1. We seem to be wearing down Jim Holloway's defenses too, so we might have another announcement soon. ;)