Dungeons & Dragons Camp

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by geekpreacher, Oct 3, 2009.

1. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Have any of you heard about a D&D camp in the 1980s? Man, when I came across this link I was so very envious. You should check it out because it is amazing.

http://rpg.brouhaha.us/?p=925

2. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

That is a great link

(and sounds a lot more fun than my own summer camp experience :( )

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Awesome! I wish I had attended that...

4. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Yeah, can you imagine spending a whole summer camp playing D&D? That would have been so great. My only question is, "Did they have to bring their own Cheetos or were they supplied by the camp?"

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Lol... That and the Mountain Dew. Although, we drank Dr. Pepper like it was going out of style. We had a huge pyramid of Dr. Pepper cans in my basement... Fun days they were...

6. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Yeah, I was never a big Mountain Dew fan. Dr. Pepper was THE drink and my Dad always made sure he had some around. Until, of course, he switched to that swill called Pepsi.

I have to admit that Doritos were also one of my favorite chips. Mmmmmm. Doritos.

7. tstone

tstone Level 0 Character

Yup, Doritos and Frito Lay bean dip.

Few hours in, had your material components for Gaseous Cloud ready to cast...

:lol:

8. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Especially when the flavored Doritos started rolling out - Nacho flavor, that super-hot flavor (which I loved and many a gaseous cloud was formed from)!

9. tstone

tstone Level 0 Character

Now, I didn't discover this until I joined the Army, but when I got out and gamed with my later group, I added a new spell component to the mix. Nothing clears the wandering monsters like when you add kimche to the Gaseous Cloud spell components...

10. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

The article didn't say where Shippensburg College was, so I looked it up online--this is what I found--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shippensburg_University_of_Pennsylvania

Seems like a nifty place. :)

I liked that they didn't just play D&D there; they had some Champions action going on as well. It's too bad it didn't continue--it might have become a gamer gathering to rival GENCON. Perhaps someday, someone could set something up like this again.

Until then, we have Gary Con. And GEN CON. And ORIGINS. And anyplace else where we gather together, roll up a character and sit down to play. :D