[ENnies] Meet your 2010 ENnies judge nominees

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by reveal, Aug 2, 2009.

1. reveal

reveal Chevalier

The nominees for the 2010 ENnies judges are now online for you to look over! Please visit and study each nominee carefully as only five of them will judge next year's entries. I will update this thread later today once voting goes live.

http://www.ennie-awards.com/nominations/2010judges.asp

2. reveal

reveal Chevalier

3. Skeld

Skeld Level 0 Character

Good evening! My name is Mark Green and I'm a 2010 ENnies Judge candidate.

I won't bother to re-post all my answers to the questionnaire here; you can view that online at http://www.ennie-awards.com/nominations/j_green.asp

I will say that I'm strictly a hobby enthusiast and not an "industry guy." In other words, gaming isn't part of my profession. I don't write reviews for a living and I've never worked for a gaming company. I play strictly for fun and have been gaming for 25 years, the last 10 of which have been with my current group. Most of that time, I've been a GM, but I like to take a break as a player once in a while.

I've played alot of games along the way (including board games, miniatures, and card games). My mainstay will always be fantasy RPG, with my original "Red Box" Basic D&D set and 3.5 OGL competing for favorite. I also enjoy all things Star wars (WEG d6 and Saga). Mouseguard is a recent favorite as well.

Even though I have my favorites, I will be open and objective as a Judge. I love both the crunch and the flavor and like to see a nice balance between the two. Originality is always appreciated, whether it is original mechanics, concepts, or even just an interesting twist on a staple concept.

I hope you take the opportunity to vote in the coming week, and especially that you decide to vote for me as a Judge for the 2010 ENnies. For me, that would offer an awesome opportunity to give something back to the gaming community.

-Mark

4. Kinetic

Kinetic Level 0 Character

Hey all,

Like the others posting here, I am one of the Judge candidates as well. I have been gaming since I was nine years old and it has been my biggest hobby for all of those 21 years. I have always had a strong love for supers games but that won't prevent me from paying equal attention to everything that comes my way, and judging each product fairly on its own merits. I have never been one to shy away from any genre or system and I don't intend to start now. I know that the people behind the games put a lot of effort into what they create and I can say that I will put just as much into reviewing each product without any bias. I have almost no professional gaming experience outside of being a playtester for a couple systems, so my industry experience pretty much ends with being a retailer eight years ago in Coeur d'Alene, ID. Back then I had purchased a gaming store and ran it for one reason and one reason only: I love gaming.

The above paragraph had only two sentences that didn't start with "I..." so enough about me! The links have been posted but just in case you are digging through that list of names looking to find out more about me, I'm Justin Peters (friends call me Jay) and my page is here.

Thanks in advance to everyone that votes!

5. Megan

Megan Level 0 Character

Hello - I am Megan and after over 30 years of enjoying role-playing it is time to put something back, so I am running for ENnie Judge.

These days my main activity (apart from playing and writing, of course!) is running a website, RPG Resource. I do a lot of reviewing, so have a look and see if you like the way I think about games. If you do, vote for me :D

RPG Resource is at http://www.rpg-resource.org.uk/

6. YourSwordisMine

YourSwordisMine Level 0 Character

Hello all,
    My name is Sean D. Parker and I am in the running to be your 2010 ENnies Judge. I've been a gamer for 26 years. Gaming has played a big part in my life and I want to give something back to the hobby I enjoy so much.

You can read all about me here: http://www.ennie-awards.com/nominations/j_parker.asp

The ENnies are very important to the gaming community. It is you the fans that make a difference. Please take the time to participate by voting for next years judges. You can vote here:

http://www.ennie-awards.com/voting/judgesballot.asp

Thank you for your consideration.

7. Johnny Scott

Johnny Scott Level 0 Character

Hello!

My "real" name is Scott St. John, and I would appreciate it if you would vote for me for ENnie judge. I have been an avid RPGer/Wargamer for approximately 30 years, and I am a veteran of many different game systems, from 1E D&D to PFRPG, Champions to Mutants and Masterminds, Traveller (both incarnations), Star Wars (d6 and SAGA), Chill, Call of Cthulhu, and many more.

I have been obsessed with gaming for as long as I can remember, and look at the possibility of becoming an ENnie judge as my opportunity to give back to the gaming community by promoting those gaming products that are the most original and highest quality get the recognition they deserve.

You can vote and read more about me at the following URL:

http://www.ennie-awards.com/voting/jvoting.asp

Thank you for your time, and I hope you vote for Scott St. John for ENnie Judge!

8. francisca

francisca Troubadour

9. reveal

reveal Chevalier

:eek:

All you need is love man!

10. francisca

francisca Troubadour

No, I need dice, too. :D

11. reveal

reveal Chevalier

I bet you need that lamp, too? Jerk!

12. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Not as much as the Red Swingline Stapler!

13. Skeld

Skeld Level 0 Character

Hi everyone -

I wanted to take a minute and post here again. The ENnies judge elections are in the the home stretch with only a couple days left (voting ends Sunday).

I want to thank everyone that has voted in the election so far. If you haven't voted yet, I'd like to encourage you to head on over to http://www.ennie-awards.com/voting/jvoting.asp and vote for me (Mark Green) and your other favorite candidates.

Win or lose, it's been fun. I've gotten acquainted with a number of new forums and plenty of posters have come along to ask questions and discuss various aspects of the game-o-sphere. Overall, it's been a really neat experience and I'm glad I've been able to be a part of it.

Thanks again.

-Mark

14. Dale

Dale Administrator

Thanks for the input Mark, and hopefully you'll stop by more often and find our little place on the Internet as a new home.

Have a great weekend- and a fun Gen Con!

15. Kinetic

Kinetic Level 0 Character

Once again, Mark beats me to the punch and says it better than I ever could. We all really appreciate your attention, your votes, and your patience while we splatter these boards with our posts. Just remember, if you haven't voted yet then there is still time to get yours in before the polls close!

In all seriousness, thank you for everything. Everyone that has participated in the 2010 ENnie election has made this a memorable year for me.

-Jay

16. Megan

Megan Level 0 Character

Just so... it has been something completely different, and I've found several forums full of interesting folks I'd not otherwise have met.

So if you have not voted yet, consider doing so; and if you have (whether or not for me) thank you for participating in the ENnies process!

17. YourSwordisMine

YourSwordisMine Level 0 Character

Thank you everyone who participated in the ENnies this year and voted. Good luck to my fellow judge nominees.

18. Megan

Megan Level 0 Character

Many thanks to everyone who participated.

The 2010 ENnies Judges are:

1. Justin 'Jay' Peters
    2. Jeramy Ware
    3. Mark W. Green
    4. Christopher W. Richeson
    5. Megan Robertson

I still cannot quite believe it!!!! Congratulations to all...

19. Dale

Dale Administrator

How is my name not on the list?? ;)

And congratulations!