Ernie Gygax needs our help!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Feb 17, 2013.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

For those that haven't heard, Ernie Gygax's apartment caught fire this morning & while Ernie, his roommate Scott, & KC (Ernie's dog) are all safe they are now without a home & have lost everything in this horrible tragedy.
    Tim Kask is heading up a relief fund for Ernie & family over on Facebook. Anyone wishing to help are encouraged to use the link below to find out how, where & when donations will be accepted. (This may take a couple of days to get rolling.)
    I will try to post updates here as more information becomes available.

https://www.facebook.com/mark.cmg/posts ... .9?fref=ts

2. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Terrible, terrible news. I hate hearing of anyone's home burning down. :(

At least he's safe.

3. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Wowza. That's awful.

Best wishes, Ernie!

(Updates here would be nice Keeper. I hate Facebook almost as much as Twitter.)

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

Terrible tragedy. I'll see if I can do something to help through CMG as well. :(

5. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

That is awful. I'm just glad Ernie, Scott and K.C got out.

Thanks for the update and link.

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

7. caalas

caalas Level 0 Character

I know a bunch of us live close to Lake Geneva is there anything we can do to help while waiting for online things to take place? Food, clothes, place to stay, dog food, etc?

8. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Ernie is physically OK. He is staying at a hotel for a couple nights and then he will likely bunk with family in the area. Unfortunately the smoke and water damage has destroyed most of his possessions including many irreplaceable games and memorbilia items. We are going to hold the GC Auction to assist Ernie with replacing his possessions and securing a new place to live. If anyone has a special item that they are willing to donate to the auction, please PM me. I will be asking our VIPs to do the same. Keepr gave the link to the fb page where we are updating information for everyone. We are looking at the right way to establish a relief fund given that he is currently unemployed and on disability due to his health. Thanks to everyone who has offered assistance, prayers and good wishes.