Event Assignments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Donal

Donal Administrator

With only a few days remaining... here are the event assignments. Unfortunately, we're not quite sophisticated enough to role this out to individual accounts... yet. So here is a download of the assignments. To protect privacy, individuals are listed by badge number, first initial and last 3 of zip code.

Event Assignments

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

Every year we are improving. Great job Chris!

A few days until we gather,,,

3. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Thanks for posting this.

I have a couple of questions:
    1) Is there any chance of an availability list?
    2) I tried to get me and two of my kids into a couple of events together. Was successful on one, which I'm thankful for, but the kids got in on the other, and I got assigned to the alternate. I think I'd rather just hang out table side with the kids for at least the first hour of their event rather than bounce off to the alternate. Is there a formal mechanism for dropping a game, or is simply contacting the DM good enough (I know the guy fairly well, so that probably works out for me and him, but others in a similar situation may not be tight with their prospective DM).

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys are putting into this.

4. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I don't want to sound like a complainer, but I noticed that I didn't get any VIP assignments and I also got registered for a game I did not request...

Anyway, I'm sure trying to figure all that out was a pain so thanks for the two that I did request in any event!

5. Dale

Dale Administrator

Yes, the process can be painful for everyone involved. I wish I could say it was easy, but Chris spent quite a bit of time trying to work everything out. The problem is when 60+ people want to play one event that has 8 seats. He tried hard to be fair to everyone, it is a difficult process. And not that it matters much, but once again I've passed on playing any of the VIP events. Not that I don't want to, but if I took a seat- that is one less of our gamers sitting at the table. So you will see me at the front door checking yer badges. :)

Now, there will be plenty of opportunities to play unscheduled games there- and some will be with the VIP's. I will try my best to get you in one of these. Just come prepared to have fun- and get little sleep as the time of the gathering is at hand! :D

6. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Yeah, no worries. I'm not really mad or anything, just a little surprised, that's all. I'm glad to have gotten in the games that I did. By the way, I'm bringing a friend from your neck of the woods (Norfolk) this year. See you tomorrow evening sometime. :)

7. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Were these checked for overlap? I was assigned two events on Saturday that overlap: Tim Kask's game at Noon (3.5 hours) and Lemans Starting at 10:00 (9.5). I now have a tough decision to make, as I'm sure Tim's other games are already filled. I know it's a tough process, but just wondering what to do now? :? :x :evil:

8. bighara

bighara Chevalier

My wife and I are both in the same event twice (DCC RPG Fri PM & Sat AM). We don't want to double-dip two seats. Should we try to straighten that out on-site? :)

9. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Thanks for the info guys, no I just need to look up my event IDs....

10. mark

mark Spellbinder

Thanks for the scheduling! See you all tomorrow! :)

11. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

I'm not sure I even see my stuff listed! :?

I know I filled out the form and sent it in. Hmmm...

12. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Hi Chris. I don't see my info . . [R 423].

Thanks. :)

13. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Ach, what a time to be Chris.

Well, mine all came through correctly. Thanks for your hard work!

14. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Good job doing a tough job. :)

Don't forget to take a second to kick back and enjoy yourself a bit.

15. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Yep . . always a big thanks to Dale and Chris and all the great guys who make this event EL SUPREMO!

:D

16. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

Not seeing anything remotely close for me. I got an email
    confirmation. I guess I'll just have to wait until I get there
    to see what I got in to.

17. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

If you can't find yours check zip 000 and see if that looks like your game line-up. There are some instances where people have 000 even though that is not the last 3 of their zip due to special circumstances.

18. Donal

Donal Administrator

Unfortunately, Rob Kuntz will not be attending after all... it was a last minute cancelation. Which accounts for your first choice. Your alternate was the first event to reach capacity and was not available at the time you would receive your first event.

Since I pride myself on accuracy, I reviewed your event submission request. It appears all the events you received were ones you requested. Perhaps you made a typo when you filled out the form.

19. Donal

Donal Administrator

Because you didn't pay for your badge via PayPal, your zip code did not come through. Therefore, it's listed as 000.

20. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Thanks man! :p