Event Catalog Now Available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Ector

Ector Level 0 Character

Same here - I'm planning on bringing several board/card games to play whenever there's a group available.

2. silas

silas Chevalier

I will probably be up for a pickup game--the games I am running conflict with many of the ones I want to play on (especially Frank's game), so I will be looking around for a game to join.

I may also bring a board game up for a pickup game: Dune (1979 Avalon Hill)

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

But of course.
    :?
    WAIT A MINUTE?!!
    Was that me or that alter-ego of mine, Druvas?
    :lol:

4. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Sweetness! Avalon Hill games kick ass.

In addition to my card game and a copy of the Rules Cyclopedia, I'm going to bring Alternity. I'm still debating if I should bring Fudge and the Hero Quest board game...lol

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Seeing as I've posted the most boardgame suggestions I will being running numerous boardgame events.
    Each morning I will be running "Von Deekin's Wings of War.' This is in the event catalog. It will run from 10:00am-12:00pm, with instructions provided before each game. All gaming supplies will be provided.

I will also have a sign-up sheet available each morning listing proposed games & the time slot alloted, for that day. Any interrested players may sign up for these. I plan on bringing, AT MINIMUM, the following;

Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition (2 copies, enough for 12 players)

Risk 2210 (Cuz Geekpreacher showed some interrest. 5 players)

Divine Right (YEP, old TSR game.)

Fortress America (4 players)

Solider Emperor (7 players)

The Warlord Game (6 players)

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

(Continued from previous post. Internet server dropped me.)

I also will be bringing;

Axis & Allies Naval Miniatures, with a two-part scenario entitled "In Harms Way." (2-4 players)

Arcane Legions (by Wells Expeditions)

Circus Maximus (in case Mr. Kask has overflow.)

Rome at War series, including; Hannibal at Bay, Fading Legions & Queen of the Celts. (All 2 player games)

Robots, mini-game (Kveldulf needs a fix)

So I guess I'll be like the Garycon games library. BTW, this is only a fraction of the games from my expanding gaming closet.

YEP!! I'm a FANATIC!!! :ugeek:

7. francisca

francisca Troubadour

I'm planning on bringing: RoboRally (2005 edition), Fire and Axe, and Cosmic Encounter (probably the Mayfair edition.)

8. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

You had me at "Fortress America." lol

9. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

What cha' think about Shogun? (same manufacturer, MB)

10. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Come on now Silas, haven't you ever heard the theory of quantum entanglement?

11. silas

silas Chevalier

Is that where one can DM two games simultaneously, but if he is "observed," he will change state and only DM one game?

12. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

You guys are trying to make me pull out my dictionary, aren't you?! :?

13. Dale

Dale Administrator

There will be a ton of extra/pick-up games. Just like last year.

So come one, come all- get yer game on! See ya in March!

14. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

As a kid, I had Axis & Allies, Fortress America, and Shogun. I wish to hell I still had them and all the pieces....lol

15. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Had all of them as a young, married man. Still have Fortress American & Shogun, & of course the newer versions of all A & A games.
    Gave my original copy of A & A to my grandson, he's 5, but, some of those pieces were already missing anyway. Gotta keep converting these young ones into gamers. Somebody's gotta carry on the legacy. ;)

16. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

SWEET!

Andy,
    still with a Robots jones

17. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Should you manage to live that long, you may look like that as well. Should you live that long...

18. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Great game with tons of re-playability.

19. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

The event catalogue is small. I originally thought to offer only the feature events for early sign-up, but decided to include others to give you early birds more selections. There will be additional gaming offered at Gary Con. I believe Frank is bringing board games, Tom Wham will have his unique games, as well as an assortment of RPGs and open gaming of all varieties. But it is good that Mordrin called out all those posters that didn't man-up and submit an event for the catalogue :p

20. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I thought Michael was going to have his Dralasite buddy fill in for him on one of the games. Ok, ok. Maybe I made a typo :oops: