Event Catalog Now Available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Jan 25, 2010.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Be wary of thy own tongue, young Lucious, as the senate has eyes everywhere. :eek: It could make for a very tragic day in the sun of the cvrcvs for thyself. :( It has been said that one senator ,in particular, has three teams ready for blood & that the wagering goes heavy against thee. Be very alert!
    :p
    ;)
    :lol:

2. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Oh, I will live that long. And I likely will look like that :D... I made a pact with the Succubus (a recovering vegetarian, oddly enough) that she may not claim my soul until she has eaten scrapple (for more on the delicious treat that is scrapple click here: http://www.rapascrapple.com/products/original.htm. Thus, since she will not ever do so, I will never die.

3. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Well they are the game wizards! What did you expect a wizard to look like if not with white beards ;)

4. tavis

tavis Footpad

I'm not signed up to do two different events in the same time slot, but I am on for three events of Swords and Star-Men when I meant to run one! I seem to remember there was something in the event submission form about listing alternate times, which is what I thought I was doing.

I'm happy to run all three if there's demand - although with the mighty Jim doing two Rites of Passage, that'd be a lot of Metamorphosis Alpha gaming, although not more than it deserves - but would also gladly drop the one on Saturday at 9 so that I could play Dawn Patrol!

5. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I could have sworn it was 'Luscious Maximus.' Now I have to fix the tee shirt.

6. seskis281

seskis281 Level 0 Character

Hey, quick question -

For the Circus Maximus, our friend Brooke Koenig was in it last year and was looking forward to it this year but, alas, will be in Scotland the remainder of the year....

I know the 1st spots are reserved for those who were in it last year - Brooke has asked if my wife Mona could take her place in this event.

To Tim & Luke - is this possible?

John "seskis" Wright

7. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

If Brooke tells me herself (no offense intended) I might be inclined to let her do that just because I am secretly rooting for one of the lady drivers to kick all y'alls butts while you're arguing who has the bigger whip with Luke....

I am saddened that Brooke won't be there and will miss her presence--nice lady and pretty good charioteer.

8. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I'd like to call dibs on playing in any RR and/or CE games, Rich, and I'm definitely hoping to do some charioteering with Tim this year (at last!).

9. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Mona Wright.
    Brooke has prevailed upon me to allow you to substitute for her in the Great Race.

Congratulations, I think. Remember what they say about being careful of what you wish for?

Trampled girl drivers look just like trampled boy drivers...

10. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

And cranky GM's that trample girl drivers go home alone. :eek: :D :lol: ;)

**Druvas ducks and runs away**

11. Dale

Dale Administrator

Done.

12. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

GMs have nothing to do with trampled girl drivers; that is solely the purview of the other drivers.

I have a distinct feeling that in this particular race, a winsome smile and fluttered eyelashes will not mean much if they are in the way of another driver that wants through.

13. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

;) Just gettin' my diggs in while you're vulnerable. But, apparently, I failed. :D I may have to take time out of my busy schedule of gaming to watch this race!

14. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

OH! Good burn, Dru!
    (He's a chip off the old block.)

15. tavis

tavis Footpad

You are a Hero indeed, Dale!

Unfortunately I think something may have gone awry - the version of the event catalog I just downloaded still has me down for three Swords and Star Tribes (2-7, 5-6, and 6-9), but leaves off the Night of the Walking Wet event I originally submitted for time slot 8.

Can the catalog be re-edited to leave out one of 2-7, 5-6, or 6-9 (which one is up to you) and put Night of the Walking Wet back in?

(Apologies again for the error on my part that started this ball rolling, and no big deal if making further changes now would screw things up; not doing NotWW would mean I might get into Jeff T's game that same slot, for example).

16. tstone

tstone Level 0 Character

Well, my Gamma World event (The Last Starport) made it up. Could be edited slightly better, but I'm happy. Game on!

17. Dripdry

Dripdry Level 0 Character

Hi:

When the events say "Advanced", what does that mean?
    I used to play 2nd Ed AD&D with a some regularity, and DM'd a bit years ago... if I don't know the first edition rules, for instance, am I going to be holding everyone up? I can get creative, and I love that part of it, but if I don't know the rules like the back of my hand will it be a problem?

Thanks,

David

18. Dale

Dale Administrator

All you have to do is show up- and be ready to play. That's the beauty of the game. Rules shmule... ;)

19. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Dale is being a bit cavalier here (and we always assumed he was a roundhead).

When you see "advanced" used like this, speaking from my own experience and that of a lot of DMs I have spoken with, it means that they don't relish the idea of trying to teach the nuances of RPGing in the middle of the game. They want players that have at least some experience RPGing.

The lethality of the adventure is usually indicated by the PC levels recommended or the levels of the pre-gens (Pre-generated PCs) provided to the players.

One thing I can certainly tell you that it doesn't mean, unequivocally, is that any of us want, or will tolerate, rules-lawyers that feel that they know the rules better than the DM.

20. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

OK, I fixed the above. There was something missing but now there. If I knew how to delete this whole post, I would.