Event Catalog Now Available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Dripdry

Dripdry Level 0 Character

-sigh-. Oh that's a relief.

I'd been so busy the last 2 months that I hadn't even bothered to think about GaryCon or gaming. Now I'm looking at it, and with "Fire Opal", "Rite of Passage", and hopefully "El Raja Key" in there as an early bird, and with ALL the other incredible stuff that's going to show up (Wizard's Quest!?), I don't see how it would be possible to NOT have an incredible time.

The Short Version: Hot damn! This gon' be fun!

Edit: I so very much wanted to go with Frozen North, Tim, but got scared off at the final hurdle about "expert players". Hopefully I'll get the chance to find out what terrible fate awaits your players (All Zxo-king aside, of course)

2. Dripdry

Dripdry Level 0 Character

I do have one more question, and I apologize ahead of time for it:

When the catalog says AD&D do they mean 1st Edition?

Thanks

3. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Usually, but not always. Many of us old DMs are grognards of the worst sort, and think nothing after 1E was worthwhile, or maybe just a very little of 2E, but not much. Some of the attendees will be considerably younger and may very well be playing newer editions. Edition snobbery is quite amusing to me because I am the worst grognard; I don't play anything but OD&D, and ignore one supplement entirely.

You shouldn't be scared off by any description of my event if you have role-played before. Ask anyone who has played in one last year; it is your brain that will determine your success and/or survival. Come up with good ideas and insights, roll dice when told to and be decisive in your stated actions and I promise you will have fun in one of my adventures. OD&D was about fun, not slavish obedience to an excess of rules. And one other thing about my game: it is one of the "Gary's Virtual Porch" designees and all players get a spiffy certificate....