Event Registration 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by datagoblin67, Dec 27, 2016.

1. tron

tron Level 0 Character

Thanks for the assistance Jedisoth!

One other question: Are Youth Badges able to claim tickets, provided they are accompanied by a legal guardian and the game is age appropriate, of course?

2. Michaelsandar

Michaelsandar Level 0 Character

Just trying to confirm some things - the wife, son, and myself are all on silver badges... how many tickets does that get us and do we get any of the featured events? Maybe I'm just missing it... thanks for the help!

3. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Unlimited tickets, so long as the events on a given person's schedule don't overlap.
    1 Featured Event each.
    Some of that info can be found here:
    https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-ix/badgetypes

datagoblin67 likes this.
  4. Michaelsandar

Michaelsandar Level 0 Character

Perfect, thank you!

5. crisp64

crisp64 Level 0 Character

Is there a time that general registration start? I just tried to get a ticket and told registrations is not open.

datagoblin67 likes this.
  6. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Noon Eastern.

datagoblin67 likes this.
  7. mordrin

Can you feel the excitement?

It almost makes me want to throw my tickets back in and participate again.

datagoblin67 likes this.
  8. crisp64

crisp64 Level 0 Character

Aaargh, thanks, may have to do this on my phone!

datagoblin67 likes this.
  9. datagoblin67

datagoblin67 Level 0 Character

Are the Diamond and Gold ticket people able to register for events at this moment? I thought it was closed until Noon EST. Just curious.

10. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

it is just closed for Silver badges...until noon EST. i was just able to add an event for one of my gold badges.

datagoblin67 likes this.
  11. datagoblin67

Okay thanks for the information Poindexter, appreciate it!

Poindexter likes this.
  12. mordrin

I think once your badge type is opened, it stays opened through the final close of Convention Pre-Registration.

I would assume that generally anyone paying extra for early registration would get it done early, before things fill up, but you can still make choices later (if you couldn't decide, want to see if someone else gets into a game, weren't sure if you would attend that particular day, etc).

datagoblin67 likes this.
  13. datagoblin67

Thanks again Mordrin, you have been awesome in replying with all the good information. I appreciate your efforts!

mordrin likes this.
  14. mordrin

Well, thank you.

Glad I can help.

datagoblin67 likes this.
  15. athornton

athornton Footpad

Hey @tron: it works fine to do two badges. When you select an event, you have a big green button for each of your badges saying "buy this event on this badge". You just click the correct button. It worked fine for me on Wednesday.

datagoblin67 likes this.
  16. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

Registration was pretty good! On a couple of games I received an error that essentially was "Error inserting into the Tickets table" - maybe a deadlock or identity insert issue? Regardless, I just refreshed the event page and clicked again and it would work. I'm pretty happy with the overall experience.

17. mordrin

Nice

I'm just hopping around to test and I'm navigating better than Wed. Maybe my connection from work was lousy.

18. Bogmour

Bogmour Level 0 Character

Tracia - Going Deeper has two time slots. The earlier one does indeed have 8 signed up, although the Saturday 6-12 slot appears to only have 6. There should be two more slots available, yes?

Update: I've received two emails stating an opening has appeared, but when I try to claim it, it still says it's sold out.

Update 2: Now it it truly sold out. Eight names are listed. It was 12:03 when it said it was filled 8/8 with only five names. Now at 12:29, it truly is.

System didn't work for me, guys. Looks like there's still some bugs...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  19. athornton

athornton Footpad

One would hope that a professional event management outfit would also have standard processes to estimate capacity, like "we will get 150 people on Wednesday, so that's scaled to 2 cores and 4GB; we're getting 500 Saturday, so...eight cores, 16GB" and then done the scaling in the background invisibly to us. Preferably even in an automated fashion but, well, a man can dream.

Handy Haversack likes this.
  20. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

well done! everything went very smooth for me. i am happy.