Event Registration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Donal

Donal Administrator

Event registration is now available on the main web page. As noted there, it is not first come, first serve. As long as you register by February 28th, your request will receive the same priority as if you registered today.

Although we will be using a complex, highly theoretical mathematical formula to handle the event registration process, as a general rule, the earlier you registered (i.e. got a badge), the more likely you'll get your first event choices. :twisted:

2. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

O.K., done!

So this is what I signed up for- #1: E7-1, #2: E3-2, #3: E5-1, #4: 10-1, and #5: E4-5. With the note- “If substitutions need to be made I would love to do any of the fowling events in any order- E3-3/6-1, E7-2, and E7-4 so long as they will not conflict with prior chosen events. Thank You.”

I can hardly wait! :D

3. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Thanks Donal! And thanks for all your efforts doing this!

Checking it out.

:D

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

Done and done. Thanks! :)

5. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Okay...given that some of these games were OOP before I reached the age of buying power, I only selected one event. In part, it's the one reason why I made an effort to scrimp as a lowly college student to attend the con. :D

6. yesmar

yesmar Level 0 Character

Zarina and I signed up for 3-3, 7-3, 2-1 (including the Kuntz and Ward alternates). Fingers crossed!! ;-)

7. Ector

Ector Level 0 Character

Thanks for all your hard work Donal! GaryCon can't get here soon enough!

8. silas

silas Chevalier

Some of the events I'm running conflict with games I would like to be in as a player (specifically Frank's game). Nevertheless, I signed up for

3-3 Castle El Raja Key
    4-6 Return of the Sentinels
    6-5 A Good Night For a Drive
    9-4 Dungeon!

9. seskis281

seskis281 Level 0 Character

Signed up for Jeff's Saturday nite Charnel Crypts game -- other than that and the ones I'm running going to keep it open for pick-up games of all sorts! :)

Really hoping to play in Jeff's game!

John

10. Dale

Dale Administrator

Make sure you download the newest version of the event catalog. The current version was put up 2 days ago. If you downloaded it last week- there were a few changes done to the schedule.

Also, just like last year, there will be a TON of pick-up games for everyone to play.

11. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I submitted my requests, although I registered rather late....

12. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

If you mean registered late for Event Submission, I don’t think it matters if you are first or last in the one month period or so that it will be up.

The biggest distinction seems to be based on whether you have an Early Bird reg., Pre-reg., or show up at the door. And I think some math and dice rolling might be involved as well. :lol:

But I am not sure though. :?

13. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Me as well, but then I figure with my Boot Hill and Gangbusters games to run, my playing time is going to be on the scarce side in any event. But I'm still looking forward to some good games. Maybe some Star Frontiers or Gamma World. Would really like to get in the John Carter game but it runs concurrent with one of my own...

As for the legends that will be present and getting a spot in their games, I would love it, but if all I get is a nice convo with one or two, I'll call it a success ;)

14. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

Quick question regarding preregistering for games..

On the event registration page it states that folks who Early Birds who prereg'd for the con can register for 3 events, regular prereg'd folks for 2 events.

Is that how many events you can get a lock on, or how many you can prereg for in total? There are about 8 events I'd like to prereg for, of which I could choose that I absolutely, positively would commit unspeakable acts to get a slot in. If I can only prereg for 3 total events, that'll be a really tough one : P

Andy

15. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Looks like I'll be in some games with a few of youse guys! Great.

The 2 games I went for are Rob's CERK on Fri and Mike's Giant LeMans on Sat.

I didn't sign up for Frank's, Jim's or Tim's games because I've had the good fortune to play in them and want other folks to get a chance.

And so, I'll be roaming and free to try and play in so many of the other great games that are scheduled.

This event may be the best ever!! Really.

Just wow!

Like Deek says . . "I'm PUmped!!" :lol:

:D

16. marjasall

marjasall Level 0 Character

Thanks for the FAQ. It was very helpful in eliminating confusion and anwered many questions.

17. francisca

francisca Troubadour

I requested:
    7-1: Circus Maximus (returning driver from last year)
    2-2: Aid of Falx (I've not yet played with Frank)
    4-5: Escape from Greyhawk (I've not yet played with Grodog)
    6-1: El Raja Key (can't pass this up)

We'll see what I get.

Right now, I've left Friday morning, friday early evening, Saturday morning, saturday late evening, and all of sunday free.

I'll have Fire and Axe, Mayfair's Cosmic Encounter, and probably the 2005 RoboRally with me, as well as an AD&D Dungeon Delve to round out the rest of the times. I'll also be looking to jump in on Dawn Patrol, the Giant LeMans, and one of the Chainmail events if there are slots and I got nothing else going on.

Also, given the time slots are immediately adjacent to each other on the clock, I think it would be helpful to have an unofficial policy of trying to end games 5-10 minutes before the slot is up, and start them 5-10 minutes after the beginning of the slot, so we can hit the restroom, grab a quick bite to eat, go grab our dice and books from the room, etc... I know, I know, this means less gaming, but I think GaryCon should be very kicked back and relaxed, as the LGGCs and GC1 were.

18. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Rich, didn't you play in one of Rob's Bottle City and/or Wizard's Walk sessions at GenCon 2007? I was co-DMing those (although Rob was certainly front-and-center :D ).

Me too.

Me too :D

I'm hoping to play Battle of the Moathouse on the good side this time, to see how that goes :D

That sounds pretty reasonable to me. I'm certainly happy to do that in my Castle Greyhawk events.

19. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Yep, and I remember, but as you say, Rob was front and center. This is your own show.