Event submission

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Venger Satanis, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Venger Satanis

Venger Satanis Level 0 Character

We're well into September and no word yet (that I've received). Any idea when GMs can submit their events?

Thanks,

VS

mwisconsin likes this.
  2. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

VS -- Facebook page and on a Blog post on the main site: Thursday at Noon.

3. Gryph

Gryph Level 0 Character

Looks like event submission is live-ish. I'm going to hold off submitting for now, though, because I find the current form to be unuseable.

4. mwisconsin

I'd like to help out, Gryph . Can you tell me what problem you're having?

5. Gryph

Gryph Level 0 Character

Ok, so playing around with it a little more, it appears to be a browser compatibility issue. I had started with Chrome (Version 45.0.2454.85) and from my account page it stuffed the entire event submission form into a tiny little div at the bottom of the account information area. Not at all workable.

But, I went back in to the site using IE11 and everything appears to be rendering as expected and the event submission form looks like it will work just fine. I'll go ahead and start submitting my events when I get home this evening.

6. mwisconsin

Thanks for the feedback. That's odd, as Chrome (latest public build) is my primary development platform, and I'm not experiencing it. Perhaps it's a cache issue? Typically I run with a disabled cache due to constantly changing code.

7. Gryph

Gryph Level 0 Character

Could be. My team develops several different websites and I may have tweaked a setting in Chrome chasing a render bug on our development and then forgot to reset. I shouldn't have posted a problem so quickly since I was accessing the site from a work machine involved in development cycles. I'll try with Chrome again from a known clean setup at home and PM you if I still see any render issues. Thanks for the quick reply and sorry to send you down a bit of a rabbit hole.

mwisconsin likes this.
  8. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

Cache issue sounds right. I had the same thing happen, but refreshing fixed it.

9. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

Events submission worked great! 1 quibble though, it would be nice to be able to see the events we've already submitted so we don't mistakenly overlap times, or have discrepancies between related events. I also had a question about the minimum players field: does that mean if we don't have that number preregister the event is cut, or what?

10. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Hmmm.

The Submit Event tab isn't selectable for me with any browser.

11. mwisconsin

Events submitted editing and display is phase 2 -- we're in the process of testing that right now, and it should be available soon.

Minimum players is a number that we hoped you'd supply for your own communication to the group. For example: If only 2 people signed up for your game, you may want to retool or double up characters on those individuals so that the content isn't too overpowering. It won't be a metric that we'll use for any sort of automation.

Maximum players, on the other hand, is a metric we use for things like how many tickets to sell to your event, and what sort of table and space you're going to need.

12. mwisconsin

mordrin : Did you purchase at least a silver badge? I don't see an order for you in the system, but I could be looking in the wrong place.

13. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Oh, no I haven't yet. Sorry, wasn't thinking.

:oops:

mwisconsin likes this.
  14. stuarthelm

stuarthelm Level 0 Character

Hello,
    I submitted 4 events, but I am concerned that I didn't set all of them as 4 hour events. Could you double check for me please?
    Also, I miss configured 2 events to start Saturday at 8am and I need to change the Saturday 8am Ghostbusters game to Friday at 2pm.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    mwisconsin likes this.
  15. mwisconsin

Stuart,

If you go to My Account / My Events, you can see the list of events you submitted, and you can edit them from there as well. Feel free to tweak your events up to the point where we lock them down (which won't be for months, yet).

Thomas

16. stuarthelm

Hello Thomas,
    I have tried this using Chrome and IE 11, but the My Events screen does not give me anything to click on in order to edit my events. It does list my 4 events correctly.
    Under STATUS there is a icon of a page, but I cannot click on this.
    I did not DM at GaryCon previously, and this year I purchased 2 tickets and had 1 refunded, so maybe this is confusing the web page?
    Thanks for your help.

mwisconsin likes this.
  17. mwisconsin

Stuart -- I apologize. I masqueraded as your account, and indeed, I see that it was flagging your account as not being able to edit those events. I've reversed that flag, and you should now see links to edit your events, and you can also see a preview of what the single event will look like when it's eventually published.

18. stuarthelm

I have logged off the website and logged back on.
    I then click on EDIT, and receive back the error message:
    "You do not have permission to edit this event."

19. mwisconsin

I may not have clicked through and reset all of your permissions, Stuart. I've cleared my cache and reset your permissions again, in an attempt to get all the way through it. Now, when masquerading as you, I see the list of events, and I'm able to bring up an event and edit it.

Sorry for the hassle.

20. DMPrata

DMPrata Level 0 Character

So, a few glitches that I've noticed: I submitted three 6-hour events. Every time I go back in to Edit an event, I see that it's defaulted to 2 hours. The "Other Game System" text box does not save whatever I've typed in it. Ampersands in the text boxes display as &;amp. Clicking the View link on an event (instead of Edit) takes me to the home page. Most of these are manageable, but I don't want my 6-hour events mistakenly scheduled for 2-hour slots.