Event Submission

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Sep 5, 2010.

1. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Here's an idea for the convention theme. How about the OD&D guys (and you know who you are) get together and raffle or auction a dream table. I cannot think of a single better prize than running my game with the special guests as my players or having one of them run the original dungeoun (from the OD&D) while im playing alongside the others.
    Since this will be my 1st GC, excuse me if this is something you already have there but it SURE SOUNDS LIKE FUN.

2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Good idea!

3. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

added a 4th event for those who like comics as much as I do :cool:

Event Title: The Gamma Ultimatum
    DM Name: Chad Parish
    DM Email Address: [email protected]
    Game Type: Role-Playing Game
    Game System: Other
    If Other, System Name: Marvel Super Heroes Advanced Set
    Date: Saturday
    Time: 6:00pm
    Duration: 6 hours (5.5 hours)
    Required Skill Level: Beginner
    Number of Players: 5
    Event Descripton: Hello true-believers, somewhere in Manhattan, a bomb ticks away. It's gamma irradiated payload will warp the very fabric of humanities DNA! Stolen from a secret military base in New Mexico days earlier by the monstrous Abomination, now the voice of a madman, calling himself simply, The Leader, demands tribute from the United States. Can even the Fantastic Four find the bomb in time? Nuff said.
    Special Requests / Comments:

4. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

Yes, that sounds cool! :)

5. silas

silas Chevalier

I will be running a Top Secret S.I. game ("Intrigue in India")

I might also run a Star Trek FASA game and will probably bring a pickup game as well.

6. Kabuki Kaiser

Kabuki Kaiser Level 0 Character

Event Title: The Morovgrad Express
    DM Name: Patrice Crespy/Kabuki Kaiser
    DM Email Address: patrice.crespy at yahoo dot fr
    Game Type: Role-Playing Game
    Game System: OD&D (White Box)
    If Other, System Name: Complete Swords & Wizardry Version
    Date: Saturday
    Time: 4:00pm
    Duration: 4 hours (3.5 hours)
    Required Skill Level: Advanced
    Number of Players: 5
    Event Descripton: An OD&D adventure for Character level 3-5. Bits of the former Swords & Sorcery wargame background, chunks of steampunk, high pulp-styled adventure and strong lethal level.

7. silas

silas Chevalier

I just added a Star Trek (FASA) adventure "The Andorian Drop"

I requested Saturday 10am

8. grodog

grodog Troubadour

You planning any pickup games, Jeff? Our two slots are in conflict, alas.....

9. Well it looks like my event got in but my wife's event didn't. Oh well I guess she will have to do a pickup game.

10. Oops. Sorry just saw it. Cool.

11. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Well, I finally got the finishing touches on my big adventure. Now, just need to go over everything to make sure it's just so and I'll be ready to print. I need to look through Gauntlet again and check that I've made all the changes I need to go from demo to a single, coherent adventure.

If I can ever make another one of these, I might just bring my "Druids Isle," but it's high level and I refuse to run it top heavy with pregens. It's C&C, so some you Society members might have characters powerful enough to take it on.

Well, time to get off this infernal machine o' mine.

12. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

All mine should be good to go. I'll need to take another look at "Gauntlet," make sure my revisions are up to snuff. Should probably eliminate the extraneous stat blocks when I was showing off how versatile C&C could be (everything was dual-statted for C&C). Now, to study up on HMB and the mini-adventure for it and all should be well. Got my Vueltabajos coming in and a nice parka, pick up my Irish on the way out and I'm golden! :ugeek:

13. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Been beating my head against a wall tryin' to get this Crusaders thing whipped together and I just found the original. Might hafta put out an errata. It was originally for four separate teams of low level characters. Going through with one party will be a bit tougher. There some pretty nasty stuff in it. I'm thinkin' maybe levels 3-5.

14. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

All right, time for an update.

I'll have pregens (1st level only) for "Regarding Hank" (one to go for "Hank") and "Crusader's Gauntlet." If you guys use the puds for "Gauntlet," I'll put in a couple o' things to help your survivability.

"A Long-Dead Secret" will not have pregens unless I get a whole lotta time before the event (not likely), however, I have it slated for 4th through 7th level. Certainly you grognards will have character to plug into this baby. I've put a lot of work into it, so I'm hopin' to attract some players.

A couple o' dealios on my personal conventions. Well, first off, HMB is btb, as much as I'm able. For AD&D and C&C, initiative is a d10 modified by DEX, death is at -10, mages use mana limited by spell slots and divine casters cast spontaneously using spell slots (miracles). For C&C, I'm using the special rules for wands and holy symbols out of the CKG.

And please, accept my apologies beforehand for any bungling on my part. I'm rusty as all get out but I'm givin' it the old college try.

15. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Wow. It has been forever. Just going over "Secret" and the monster xp is quite large, but the magic is really outta whack. I hafta get this pared down before I spit it out of the printer.

16. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Man this is work. I have 21,283 monster xp for "Secret" and before the "vast riches'" I have 75,212 xp in magic. I haven't even figured in the monetary xp. Assuming eight players, that works out to 2,660 and 9,401 xp each. There are 18 possible encounters. The adventure is purportedly, 4th through 7th level. Hmmm...

Just looked at my HM4 GMG and I'll need to take a closer look at this, but I guess it's time to put it to rest for now.

17. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

The printing for my events is jacked. Try, try again!