Events Submitted

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mark, Sep 14, 2016.

1. mark

mark Spellbinder

I have submitted some events for approval for Gary IX -

Surcoat Medieval Fantasy Wargaming (6 players, Thursday, 10 am to 4 pm)

Battle it out with swords, monsters, & magic in this event that harkens back to the Old School era of miniatures wargaming!

Divine Right Wargame (3 players, Friday, 10 am to 4 pm)

This is a classic game of fantasy empires clashing. Each player controls a unique realm and attempts to use diplomacy and might to ascend to rulership. A colorful map and a host of fantastic creatures bring out a fleshed out fantasy world.

The Lost Cities of Grymvald (4 players, Saturday, 8 pm to Midnight)

The twin cities of Diurnus and Nocturnus were the jewels of the northeastern peninsula of Grymvald but that was over a thousand years ago and little more than ruins remain but therein lies a secret which must be recovered to save a kingdom. (1E AD&D rules with mid-level pregenerated characters provided, bring your 1E AD&D player's handbook, your dice, plus paper & pencil)

Looking forward to running them for some returning players and some new ones too! :)

dndgeek and sir jon like this.
  2. mark

mark Spellbinder

How long have other folks waited for submitted events to be accepted and scheduled?

3. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

All my events are "queued to be scheduled". Which I would interpret as accepted and just waiting to figure out how events will fit together schedule-wise.

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

Seems like "Queued to be Scheduled" will continue to be a thing. Personally, I have submitted my games in the same slots I have always had them. Obviously, for those who were there, the first Gary Con had ad hoc scheduling. My Thursday slot is a wargame I ran at the first Gary Con while Friday is Divine Right which some of us have played in that slot for five or six years now, and I've run a 1E game in the evening on Saturday since Tavis wasn't able to make it and several of the same players who I played with in his game since GCII play in it in that slot with me. I lost my Civilization (1980) game on Sunday last year because the new Civilization game was being run. I'm hoping my other three games won't be dethroned because someone wants to run Frostgrave, Conquest of Nerath, and 5E. While those are all fine games, I like to play the Old School games at Gary Con as I have been doing since GCI.

sir jon likes this.
  5. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

We did miss you in Civ, though.

6. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

7. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

Yes, there has.
    If you log in to your TTE account and you see your events queued for scheduling, they have been approved.
    We had expected that TTE would email GMs as we accepted their events, but TTE only does that when events have been scheduled and we're not ready to do that yet.

8. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

All events submitted prior to 8:30 am, Central time, Tuesday, October 11th have been approved.

9. mark

mark Spellbinder

For me, part of being approved and being able to run my events is being scheduled in the time slot I submitted my events. Scheduling should be part of the approval process.

10. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

I clearly read that once an event is approved the GM would get an email. So no email, no approved event.

And +1 to scheduling be part of the approval.

11. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Yes...it is true that at some point this was the plan. However, information has since been updated to reflect the fact that events are approved before scheduling. In fact it has been mentioned just a few posts up in this thread.

As to whether or not scheduling should be part of approval - that I leave to the PTB....

12. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

PTB = Powerful Transhuman Bookfacers?

13. Faepooka

Faepooka Level 0 Character

Ahhh thanks for posting this. I just asked a similar question in another thread. That'll learn me to keep reading first. I'm relieved as I have been waiting for that email and worried my events wouldn't be accepted in my preferred time slots.