Everything is finally over

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by LumpyCheeseman, Mar 24, 2010.

1. LumpyCheeseman

LumpyCheeseman Level 0 Character

It's been one heck of a ride the last couple weeks, with my son passing and everything. I'm finally back home after spending most of a week at my best friend's place in Michigan. I had a chance to finally hang out with him for a while and clear my head. It helped a lot. I did some thinking, and I'm going to put off some things, and change others, and kind of see how things go. I was planning on moving to Wyoming this summer to a friend's place to start a company with him, but Cev's passing finally put me and my ex-wife on good terms. I actually just came from her house, after spending all afternoon there (Ben picked me up from the train, actually) helping out with some stuff and spending time with Brendan.
    Since I'm finally getting to know Brendan, I don't want to jeopardize that, and moving to Wyoming could quite possibly do just that. So for now I'm sticking around here and seeing what happens.

I've also determined that I want to get myself in much better shape than I am now. I keep kidding myself that I'm not that bad since I still do 5-15 mile leisure bike rides during the summer, but the truth is I'm a fat fool and definitely need to get in shape. I'm gonna rip a copy of my boss's P90X dvd and give it a whirl. I want to get back to wearing smaller clothes, and I want to be in better shape for when Brendan gets older.

I'm planning on saving up money as I can, and doing some buy/sell/trade through Craigs, get some cheap, easy work cars and flip them, try to make some money. I got the trailer I just picked up the other week to work on, Once it's done I'm thinking I could probably get a pretty penny on selling it, but then again it's a hefty trailer and could haul a sheetload of scrap too....idk yet.

So in a way I guess this is kind of like a New Years resolution, but not. With all that's happened, it's time for some things to change, and change they shall, for the better.

I want to thank everyone again for all the support, the funeral went well, the service and burial went well, albeit hurt like hell, and he's now in a better place. Me and Ben swear he was with us at the church during the service. A song that played started playing twice more during the service, as if he was up there playing with the buttons, then tonight as Ben drove me home, we were talking about things past, and sure enough, the locks in his Jeep started randomly going off, he was with us again.

It's a long road ahead, and I think I'm looking forward to it.

At this point I understand there are some permanent services and foundation things either setup or in the process of being setup, under Charlie's name. I'll have more info on all of that this weekend, and I'll post it up then.

It's time for me to head to bed now, I resume my (semi-)normal life in about 6 hours.