Extended LOTR BD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Totan, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

ONE SET TO RULE THEM ALL!
    A WBshop.com PRE-ORDER EXCLUSIVE!

LIMITED EDITION SET WITH EXCLUSIVE BONUS SET OF 7 STUNNING PORTRAITS INCLUDES:
    • All 3 Extended Editions in one spell-binding Blu-ray™ collection
    • 15 discs (Includes 6 Blu-ray discs, 9 DVDs)
    • All the features. All the footage. All the Appendices.
    • The rarely seen documentaries by filmmaker Costa Botes, who was personally selected by Peter Jackson to capture the behind the scenes adventure
    • Exclusive bonus set of 7 stunning 5" x 7" portraits from The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy

Available only at WBshop.com, and supplies are limited!

PRE-ORDER NOW > http://www.wbshop.com/on/demandware...f-the-Rings-Extended-Edition-Blu-ray-Gift-Set

2. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

Is this going to be just like the star wars movies?

A new way to release them every so many years?

:lol:

3. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I hope not - and I don't think so. I decided not to buy the theatrical LOTR BD because I assumed that the Extendeds would be coming out at some point. On the DVD version, they only released the theatrical and extended versions as far as I know. One annoying thing that I noticed is that the highest bit-rate audio is only 5 channel, where-as the DVD Extendeds used 6 channel DTS-ES (which is also still available on the BD it appears).

4. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

I want, I want, but I'm addicted to my computers and the flat scree as is.

5. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Get a BR drive

6. smokin

smokin Chevalier

On a smiliar subject....What's the latest news on THE HOBBIT? Release dates, etc..

7. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Filming recently started after yet another delay caused this time by a medical emergency suffered by Peter Jackson. The Hobbit will be released in two installments (in 3D for better or worse), with a possible 3rd film to follow bridging the Hobbit and LOTR.

The release dates for The Hobbit are still stated as December 2012 and Dec. 2013.

News can be found at http://www.theonering.net

8. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

What is it with the 3D fad? Meh.

9. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

I already have a BR player.

10. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Yeah, I really hope they don't try to get cute with 3D effects. Avatar was cool IMO, because it was it was really immersive; not in your face. I think it will be well done, because I believe that Jackson was opposed to 3D and got forced into it by the studios. But 3D it will based on reports that make-up and screen tests were being done with dual lens 3D cameras.

11. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Avatar was Pocahontas with flashier effects and less singing.

12. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Yeah, the Avatar story was ho-hum and predictable, the visuals were captivating.

13. Dale

Dale Administrator

[​IMG]

//Apologize for the slight thread drift. I now return you to the Extended LOTR BD discussion.

14. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Then I guess I don't understand your comment.

15. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I believe Bloodymage was commenting that he spends too much time on computer and multimedia distractions as it is and does not really need scores of hours of DVD and BD/BR goodness to further corrupt him...

16. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Just got a bit of extra $$$ in, so I just ordered the damned thing. I just can't resist temptation anymore. :roll:

17. caalas

caalas Level 0 Character

They are replaying the extended versions one showing per week in July at AMC theaters!

My wife an I have 3 dates scheduled (3! In a row! With 3 girls under 12 this is no small task). Anyone in the far north Chicago suburbs wanna meet up?
    http://www.experience-it-all.com/?p=11381[url]