Fighting Fire - Ernie Gygax Benefit Adventure

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by mark, Mar 21, 2014.

1. mark

mark Spellbinder

Our friend, Ernie Gygax had a tough 2013. Early in the year a fire destroyed his apartment including many irreplaceable belongings. Later in the year he was laid low with a bout of congestive heart failure. This system-neutral adventure was inspired by some of those events and the storied history of gaming. 33% of the price is set up to go to the Ernie Gygax Relief Fund set up by his brother Luke Gygax. The adventure takes place in and around the town of Gamington on the shores of Gentle Lake. An arsonist's fire destroys the Tower of Ernesto, a famous wizard, but a band of heroes rallies to right the wrong, rooting out the evil in the nearby Fire Peak. A GM can set this up as a campaign addition or one-shot, in any Medieval Fantasy RPG system. There are plenty of tips to help do either. Included are some character backgrounds for the heroes noted within as well as an epic poem extolling their exploits. I hope it is as much fun to read as it was to write.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/127392/Fi ... -Adventure

[​IMG]

2. DieCastGames

DieCastGames Level 0 Character

Is this only in PDF form? I would be interested but only in print form.

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

PDF only. Print would be too cost prohibitive, sadly, and cut into what can be done to help Ernie's cause. Sorry, Justin(?).

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

This has been a great thing for Ernie. The sales on this have exceeded early expectations and the laser printed and signed copy added tot he Gary Con VI auction alone fetched $500 for the Relief Fund and other interests. It included signatures from all of the real life counterparts to the various "personas" mentioned within the adventure such as Ernie, Luke Gygax, Heidi Gygax, Tim Kask, Frank Mentzer, Jim Ward, Tom Wham, Jim Wampler, and many others. Thank you so much for all of the support being given to this project!

I ran a sale for this initial adventure for GM's Day and carried it on through Gary Con VI but now as we are in April that sale is ending. If you'd like to help out and grab a copy before the price goes up a bit, please check it out right away here -

http://tinyurl.com/gygaxrelief

5. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

i don't know if anyone will be interested. but i returned the signed print copy to the staff for next year's auction.
    medical expense are not a one time deal.
    so next year don't be afraid to bid against me. ;)

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

You rock, btw! :)

7. OGRE MAGE

OGRE MAGE Footpad

Agreed!!! Very cool of you!

8. Dale

Dale Administrator

We greatly appreciate your generosity. You went above and beyond- and always have.