Food/liquor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhuvein, Jan 27, 2010.

1. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Dude - Mapquest says you're less than 2 hours away. Mayhap we need to look at a commute one way or the other. How much longer you gonna be there?
    (apologies, all, for momentary thread hijack)
    :lol:

2. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Yep, Witchita is just down the road. I'll be here until Junish, but short on free time. I'm trying to get a couple of OD&D sessions started up here with some friends- maybe you'd be game to drive up for a couple?

3. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Hell yessir, that could be pretty cool!
    You can Facebook me with any info.
    :cool:

4. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Dale, thanks. Good point.

What I meant to convey is . . support the CON/hotel when you can . . but if one is like me who needs to drink lots of water for medical reasons, I'm not going to be buying little bottles of water from the hotel. I brought my gallon jug in. And they can't stop you.l

Just sayin' - yep somewhere between carting in a huge cooler and putting a few snacks/sodas/bags of chip into your bag should be OK.

So . . discretion (the word that escaped me above) should rule the day with regard to how all of us conduct ourselves on the topic of bringing your own food/drink.

Also, there is the issue of special diets and restrictions on food intake. No hotel/convention can force people to eat their junk food if those folks need to bring their own healthy meals.

Dale, not trying to be adversarial and I generally concur with your advice and the hotel policy.

Again, just sayin' . .

Keep it discreet!

:D

5. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

All,

The hotel CAN dictate what is allowed in the convention space. The rule is no outside food or drink. If you have special dietary needs you would need to step out to your room, the restaurant or outside restaurant- officially. I just wanted to be clear on what the contract with the Lodge states. I appreciate everyone's cooperation with that policy.

The Lodge was pleased to have Gary Con II take place there and had no complaints about anyone's conduct - including food or drink policy ;) .

I will strive to get the same concessions deal for next year since everyone seemed to be pleased with the arrangements.

Luke

6. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Luke, thanks for your post. Sorry, I don't mean to overstep my boundaries. I shouldn't be speaking for the hotel/CON or your preferences.

"To Luke you must listen" . . . . NOT to me. :)

Apologies.

:D

7. mark

mark Spellbinder

Indeed. When I did the final sweep and clean up of the entire convention space after our game ended at 5AM Saturday Night/Sunday Morning, I was pleased to see that the debris was almost uniformly hotel purchased goods, with maybe the exception of a water bottle or two. I'm sure the policy will continue to be well-self-enforced next year if the same location can be secured.

8. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

public health guy here. there is probably a law on the books for that county in wisconsin. most counties in the US have this exact same law or slight variation of it.

in case, some one gets food/water poisoning they can track the food served. it helps the liability of the hotel or any other establishment where they serve their own food. they don't want to jeopardize their health code score.

catering can be done. but the can of worms is BYOF/B. with 300 people wandering in and out it gets dicier.

9. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Each day I walked in with a Mcdonald's coffee and the hotel staff (who greeted me each time, very professional) didn't object in the slightest.

Let's all play ball with the site, tho, as they do indeed have regulators and other pests keeping an eye on their license. ;>

F