Football Sunday 10/18

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Druvas, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Wow, what a crazy football weekend!

The Patriots managed to chew up, spit out, and evn go back and wipe their hindquarters with the Titans. I can't recall another game like that in a long time (well, they did it to my darling Redskins a few years ago...)

The Saints cleaned the clocks of the Giants - the only surprise was by the margin of victory- although Eli was playing hurt.

Oakland beat Philly???! Now that is funny.

No real surprise, but the Packers owned the Lions. Glad I had the Packers D on my fantasy team this week!

All in all, it was one the highest "statistical" player weekends that I have seen, perhaps in the last 5 years. Nearly all of the current greats blew their expected stats out of the water by a mile or more. Great football weekend (even if my Redskins look like the suckiest team that ever did suck).

2. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I don't even watch football and heard about the Titans....but that could be because I live in TN. Of course, being originally from Louisiana I'm a fan of the Saints but don't watch them. The reason? If I start watching, they start losing....seems they win more games when I don't watch so I think if I can go a whole season without watching them they might go to the SB.

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

I noticed Melf didn't pop in to say, "How 'bout those Bear's!"

It's not too late to become a Dolphin fan. Hotter chicks, and warmer beach climate. :D

4. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Nahh, the Steelers are my back up favorite team. Have been since I was a tyke. I also favor the Vikings, Bengals and Pats. The Redskins are on the back burner for now. However, I just scored a ticket to the game against the Eagles next Monday night. My buddy that got me the ticket is a huge Eagles fan. It should be a sad night.

5. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

Hey hey hey.. no hating on the Iggles now!

It better be a sad night for you <g>

I'm just glad to be back home from deployment - nothing worse for an Eagles fan than being deployed with a bunch of Steelers fans.. Me, I've lived in the Philadelphia area all my life. I tell people that being a Philadelphia sports fan is like having a three-legged dog; it doesn't run fast, but its still your dog so you love it anyway ; )

Andy

6. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Welcome back from deployment! Are you still in the service or are have you ETS'ed?

Oh, I am all aboot hating the Iggles. I have come to despise them more than even the Cowboys. And that's saying something for a Redskins fan-on-hold. But yeah, I most certainly mean it will be a sad night for me. I have no illusions about the outcome of that game. The Redskins are broken beyond repair.

7. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

We'll take him. As you may have noticed, we're not too picky about fans, much less coaching choices of the last few years. Or letting players like Wes Welker go to teams within the division. Or picking top-line quarterbacks like AJ Feeley.

We're better now, supposedly.

8. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

Still in - got back beginning of September, right now in my 90-day window of no weekend drill. I'm planning on staying in until they thow my crusty old *ss out in another 20 some years : )

Andy

9. amalric

amalric Level 0 Character

Sad to say, as a Giants fan, that last Sunday turned out exactly like I feared it might. Not sure why we spent most of the game only pass-rushing four guys at Brees (hey, it might have made a difference!). And our DBs just couldn't make a play early, despite consistently taking up good positions. Add in Eli's indifferent day ("surprise, surprise!" you sa), and the refs taking Jacobs perfectly good TD off the board late...

Did I mention I'm a Dodger fan, too?

:(

10. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Lol... Good for you. 6 was enough for me but I loved the Army Guard. I remember on graduation day of Basic/AIT at Ft. Benning, smoking a cigar and waving bye bye to all the Active Duty guys that got crammed back into cattle trucks. They spent 4 months making fun of us 'part-timers'. They learned the true meaning of joining the 'National Smart', as we called it. :lol: ;-)

11. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I wasn't able to talk about Da Bears until today. What a pathetic showing from the offense. Forte fumbles on back to back plays and Cutler throws two picks. Bad day- but they will do better against the Bengals, I'm sure.

And no way am I becoming a Fish fan- although I do admire their cheerleaders when the opportunity presents itself :D

12. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Don't count on an easy win against the Bengals. Palmer is having a good year again. He is sort of hit or miss on any given year. I am nervously playing Ochocinco on my fantasy team this week...

13. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Undoubtedly the Bengals will come out to play hard against the Bears. Cedric Benson will have a chip on his shoulder and Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson is a good receiver. I don't mean to say the Bears will chalk up an easy win, but I am looking for better play from the Bears overall. Less mistakes and no turnovers! If they do that they have a good chance of winning. If they play sloppy agian- the bengals will get the W.

14. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I'll be watching this game with great interest as I have Ochocinco on my fantasy team. He has been a mediocre performer this year,only slightly better than last... I have a soft spot for the Bengals as they are struggling to get out of a dismal decades long losing streak.