For all the Star War fans...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Dale, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Dale

Dale Administrator

2. LumpyCheeseman

LumpyCheeseman Level 0 Character

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Dale,

That second one was fall out my chair funny!

LumpyCheeseman,

WTF?! :shock: I assume that that is a fan-created movie. Is it feature length? I watch the trailer and it was pretty good except for the acting and voice-overs. I was really impressed by the special effects. It's no ILM special effects movie, but holy moly!

4. Dale

Dale Administrator

I wish, but no.

A video mashup is best defined as:

A video mashup (also written as video mash-up) is the combination of multiple sources of video—which usually have no relevance with each other—into a derivative work, often lampooning its component sources or another text. Many mashup videos are humorous movie trailer parodies. They are one of the latest genre of mashups, and are gaining popularity.

//Source: Wiki

5. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

6. Dale

Dale Administrator

7. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Thanks for the education, but I was referring to LumpyCheeseMan's link. Or are you say that his was a mashup as well? It really looks like a fan-film, though... :D

8. Dale

Dale Administrator

[/quote][/quote]

Hahaha, my bad- reading forum post is fundamental.

I have come to enjoy mashups. They can be entertaining.

9. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

[/quote]

Hahaha, my bad- reading forum post is fundamental.

I have come to enjoy mashups. They can be entertaining.[/quote]

I passed these around to some of my more Star Wars fanatic friends. They loved them... I presume you have seen the movie Fanboys?

10. LumpyCheeseman

LumpyCheeseman Level 0 Character

The video I posted is in a way a fan film, but was done as an actual production, one that was actually Lucas approved at that.

I agree it could have used a little better quality work, but it did fill in another piece of plot story. I'll have to dig up the story on it again.

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

That would be great! I'm going to watch it again and pay closer attention this time. Looking forward to what you can dig up.

12. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

I think I've just discovered why the US and world economy is in the tank.. The Lord of the Sith is preparing us for takeover:

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/In ... ket%20News

If he asks me to have faith in the stimulus despite all evidence to the contrary, I for one will say "yes" ; )

Andy