Forum issue . . Donal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhuvein, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Howdy.

I can't seem to edit some of my older (not that old) posts. Is there a switch that can be thrown to allow this?

Tank smudge!

:mrgreen:

2. Donal

Donal Administrator

There is a switch, and its currently set to 2 days. So you have 2 days to realize the error of your ways and correct it, after that, it's locked against editing.

3. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Haha . . indeed. I make errors for sure, but mostly never care.

I'm sayin' please remove switch or extend to 99 years. This is the only forum of 40 or 50 that I have frequented that have this restriction.

Great gaming with you, man!! :D

4. Dale

Dale Administrator

That's odd. Almost all the forums I am on has a 24 hour or less editing policy.

Two days is more than good.

5. Donal

Donal Administrator

My feeling is that a more restrictive editing rule makes people think a bit more carefully about what they say before they say it.

6. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Oh, which ones?

The major RPG forums . . ENworld, RPGnet, Dragonsfoot, TLG, Kenzer, GGs etc., dont' have (or didn't have when I last looked).

:)

7. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Ahh, I can be stupid, but not a good idea to suggest that people that wish to edit their posts are stupid.

:?

8. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Sorry, don't mean to be challenging, but but - is this "restrictive editing rule" posted somewhere. I don't see it, but forgive me if I can't find it.

Thanks. :)

9. Dale

Dale Administrator

Rhuvein... the board is set to allow up to two days to go edit any posts you make. After that period you will not be able to change your post. If it is an issue- please page a mod to your post and we would be happy to see what can be done to make a correction for you.

Thanks, and happy gaming. :p