Forums obsolete?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sir jon, Jan 7, 2020.

1. spaartuk

spaartuk Level 0 Character

This forum is obsolete in the same way that polyhedral dice, paper books, and pencils are. ;)

2. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

i rolled a 15

sir jon likes this.
  3. Vort

Vort Level 0 Character

I hope these forums aren't obsolete or going away soon. I'll be attending my first GaryCon this year and have been trying to find all I can to get up to speed. Though I'm also not on FB (and refuse to), I've been following the group there as it seems the most active, but have been lurking here for some time too. I thought more would come through either TTE or the GaryCon mailing list, but I suppose official announcements have been sparse anyways.

mordrin likes this.
  4. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Welcome, and feel free to ask away.

I despise FB and Twitter and am happy to steer conversation in the direction of the Forum.

5. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

also Search for Blogs, that are lots of blogs that have tons of info and insight into GaryCon

Legion likes this.
  6. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

We'll do our best to assist here.

Vort likes this.
  7. scottmbruner

scottmbruner Level 0 Character

There's a Discord page?! I searched for GaryCon on Discord and no luck. Could someone tell me the name? I'd love to be in there.

8. jim

jim Level 0 Character

It’s here: https://discord.gg/WdXAhzd

9. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

I'd like to formally (and humbly ... -ish) request that the GC staff either revive the newsletter or post all official communications here in a watchable thread. Friends don't make friends Facebook. (Or Discord.)

10. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

its much easier to communicate on fb and reaches a wider audience. It’s a lot of work communicating with everyone- here FB IG Twitter. And I don’t even use discord.

If you guys are interested in helping out and being the Mouth of Gary Con we could use someone to work communications across the spectrum of communication nodes.

Luke

11. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Stop being a rabble rouser Jon!

sir jon likes this.
  12. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

Only if if comes with a really cool Helmet and a bullhorn

13. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

But look at the rabble roused! Besides, this site is quite useful, as you well know.