Games for Gary Con VI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JediSoth, Mar 17, 2013.

1. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

I submitted my second event today. Here's the event blurb (it's a second session of the same adventure):

The Caverns of Thracia
    For over a thousand years the things that lurk beneath the waters, skulk in the darkness and lie hungrily in dank crypts have been patient, while all around them men and monsters bicker amongst themselves, bold enough to traverse the dark caverns' depths, but afraid or perhaps wise enough to leave the forgotten vaults and hidden passages alone. And still, they wait, undisturbed. They are waiting for you!

Explore one of the original Judges Guild classic adventures – The Caverns of Thracia! Will you discover the Chapel of Thanatos and what evil secrets it holds? Will you seek the Hall of the Sphinx or the Sanctuary of the Dark One with your own dark intentions? Will you seek to plunder the treasures of the Stone King’s Tomb? Or will you bypass the upper levels and delve deep in search of the Palace of the Minotaur King?

Game System: AD&D First Edition
    Number of Players: up to 8
    Character levels: 4th
    Duration: 6 hours
    Experience Required: some experience with AD&D recommended
    Pregens: provided
    GM/Marshall: Jon Hershberger
    Date: Thursday
    Times 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM (6 hour event)

These two Caverns of Thracia sessions that I've submitted aren't necessarily linked or connected. But if players want an extended foray into the Thracian depths spanning both the Thursday and Friday sessions, I'm happy to accommodate that. There's certainly enough to "do" in the Caverns of Thracia for two long sessions.

2. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I've submitted my Aliens events, at 10am daily on Thursday through Sunday:

==
    "Aliens: This Time It's War!" is a fast-paced and easy-to-learn miniatures war game set in the universe of Alien, Aliens, and Prometheus. You portray Colonial Marines trying to save the missing Hadley's Hope colonists of LV426. Children are very welcome to play. I supply the minis and terrain; bring your own d10s and Pulse Rifles!

I run four different scenarios, which we can select from at the table: "The Reactor" (a good introduction to the game; escape-oriented), "Operations and Air Ducts" (another escape scenario, very challenging), "Rescue Newt" (recover the missing Newt and escape back to the elevators), or "Hunt the Queen" (a brutal scenario pitting Ripley and the Colonial Marines against the nigh-unstoppable Alien Queen).

In space, no one can hear you scream!
    ==

I'll be submitting my AD&D events soon!

3. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I'll be running 2 slots of Castle Greyhawk's Bottle City level (written by Rob Kuntz), exact schedule to be worked out soon.

4. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

I'll be running 3 games

KISS-Tastrophy (MSH)
    Nightmare on Sesame Street (CoC)
    The Downton Abbey Horror (CoC)

Michael

5. welleran

welleran Footpad

Cool. One of those sessions will be high on my list to sign up for!

6. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I haven't seen any Hackmaster events up yet. Are you still going to run a Learn to Hack session on Thursday afternoon?

7. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Running a few this year... the regretable return of the CyberPunk 2020 annual, contiguous game is on.

8. grodog

grodog Troubadour

9. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I submitted my two Castle Greyhawk - Bottle City events: Friday afternoon 2-7pm, and Saturday night 6pm-midnight. Here's the description:

==

Bottle City is a site for high adventure, where strange magic interweaves with nine trapped gods, demigods, and demons who vie for its control---but all are minikins, captive in the magical city in a bottle!

In 1974 Bottle City was one of the largest design projects Rob Kuntz undertook as the co-DM of the original Greyhawk campaign. Found on the second level of the Castle, it stupefied the Lake Geneva gamers---that is until they touched the bottle itself and were drawn into the city, where the fun really began.... Bottle City is a setting that will enthrall players as they seek to escape the deadly place they have unintentionally entered.

Bring your graph paper, dice, and a healthy dose of paranoid courage! 8th-12th level pregen PCs will be provided.

==

10. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I see the Learn to Hack session has been posted for Thursday afternoon. Yay!

11. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Looking forward to it, Keith! :D

12. mark

mark Spellbinder

My three submissions have been accepted -

Cold, Cold Heart
    Event ID : 108403
    DM Name : Mark Clover
    Game system : AD&D (First Edition)
    Game Type : Role-Playing Game
    Duration : 3.5 hours
    Start Time : Thursday-8:00am
    Maximum Players : 8
    Tickets Left : 8
    Description : The Heroes of Gamington, from the shores of Gentle Lake, must travel north and take part in an uneasy alliance with the Frost Giant Chieftain to prevent an invasion of the south. The frozen wastelands of Canadainia can be an unforgiving place for those not prepared. Mid- to high level pregens will be provided though minimal tweaking will be allowed at the start of the game session.

Wet Works Walking
    Event ID : 320509
    Game system : AD&D (First Edition)
    Game Type : Role-Playing Game
    Duration : 5 hours
    Start Time : Saturday-8:00pm
    Maximum Players : 14
    Tickets Left : 14
    Description : Tavis might not make it this year, so I'm stepping up to hold our usual Saturday spot. I'll be ready to run a 1E AD&D game of Mid- to High level for the faithful with pre-gens available and the chance for players to tweak the characters a bit at the start of the game. If it turns out that Tavis CAN make it, we'll play our fifth annual game with him at the helm. If not, we'll always have Glarus, and we'll make sure he comes in 2015.

Civilization (1981, 1st AH Printing)
    Event ID : 412502
    Game system : Other - Civilization
    Game Type : Board Game
    Duration : 5 hours
    Start Time : Sunday-6:00pm
    Maximum Players : 7
    Tickets Left : 7
    Description : What's more civilized than finishing up the convention with some Civ? From BGG "CIVILIZATION is a game of skill for 2 to 7 players. It covers the development of ancient civilizations from the invention of agriculture c. 8000 B.C. to the emergence of Rome around the middle of the third century B.C. Each player leads a nation of peoples over a map board of the Eastern Mediterranean and Near East as they attempt to carve a niche for themselves and their culture."

This is a game where you can be eliminated, though that takes some doing. New players are welcome and it doesn't take much to learn and get started. We might play beyond the five hour slot, and we can break for food if necessary, though it's likely we'll finish in the allotted time or even less.

13. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Exceeded 200 events displayed today

And that's still with nothing up yet from Frank Mentzer, Paul Stormberg, Mike Carr, and who knows who else still to come!

14. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Just submitted for my son:

You have successfully submitted the following event for Gary Con 2014:

Event Title: D&D for Kids, by Kids
    Event ID: 210428
    DM Name: Richie Franks
    Game Type: Role-Playing Game
    Game System: Basic D&D (Red Box)
    Day: Friday
    Start Time: 10:00am
    Duration: 4 hours
    Experience: Beginner
    Maximum Players: 6
    Description: This game will feature a 14 year old DM running a classic TSR module for other kids, ages 10-16. Pre-generated characters will be provided, with an expected character level in the 2-4 range. A few notes: This is NOT a parent/child event, it is FOR KIDS ONLY, though parents are welcome to sit nearby and observe. This is not going to be a watered down, "fight the scary monster under the bed with pillows and love" sort of adventure, either. This will be full-on D&D. Therefore, character death is certainly a possibility (perhaps likely?), so please take maturity level into account when signing up for your child.

15. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

252 and still creeping upwards

Tom Wham and the AD&D Open are the only remaining conspicuous MIAs that I can think of

16. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I just submitted the following:

Event Title: Basic/Expert D&D : ST1 - Up the Garden Path
    Event ID: 118605
    DM Name: Bryon Petrie
    Game Type: Role-Playing Game
    Game System: Basic D&D (Red Box)
    Day: Thursday
    Start Time: 6:00pm
    Experience: Beginner
    Maximum Players: 6

Description: A chance to play one of the rarest D&D modules:
    ST1 - Up the Garden Path : A Special Not-too-serious, Dungeons & Dragons Adventure Module for the National Garden Festival, Stoke-on-Trent - 1986.
    Can you solve the mysteries of the Paradoxical Garden Festival Anomaly (PGFA)?

Game System: D&D Basic/Expert Rules Set
    Number of Players: 6
    Character levels: 5th - 7th
    Experience Required: some experience with D&D recommended
    Pregens: Provided
    GM/Marshall: Bryon Petrie
    Date: Thursday Times 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM (6 hour event)

After the fun that was had two years ago with The Tomb of Horrors, I decided to try something a little different.

I hope there is interest.

17. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

Wow! Every time I turn around, there is another awesome game popping up. I thought I was going to gave a hard time deciding what to play several weeks ago. It's almost impossible now! That's a pretty good problem to have. :D

18. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I'm hoping we see some more entries for Sunday morning. It's the red-headed stepchild of the schedule so far. There are some good options, but I'm hoping for LOTS of good options.

19. Dale

Dale Administrator

Glad to hear it. We have more events to be added- including *Fingers Crossed* Larry Elmore doing a seminar. :D

20. Dale

Dale Administrator

Yeah, we don't control when people decide to run their games. However, there has never been a year when someone came up to me and said there was no games for them to play or join in on. Pickup games are running 24/7- and it goes well into Sunday night.