Gaming & a meal for $10.00

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by the keeper, May 9, 2009.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

If your in the neighborhhood of Elkhorn, Wisconsin, on the last sunday of the month stop in at Casa Maria's Restaurant. Gaming starts at 1:00pm. Doors are closed to the general public. Soda, salsa & chips are served all day & around 6:00pm a mexican-style buffet is set up for your gorging pleasure. I've heard the food is pretty darn good & for ten dollars per person that's cheaper than going to the movies, & more filling. :D

2. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Is that every month, and is this your place?

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

1) Yes!!
    2) Nope

4. Donal

Donal Administrator

I could MapQuest this... but for the sake of everyone reading this, and saving them the same effort, where is Elkhorn exactly?

5. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

Well, this month is out, but I plan on getting there in the future. Thanks for mentioning it! :cool:

6. falconer

falconer Level 0 Character

Elkhorn is right by Lake Geneva.

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

We be six miles northwest of Lake Geneva.

8. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

9. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Start time for Sunday, May 31st has changed to 11:00am. Buffet to be served around 6:00pm.

10. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Chance I might be able to swing round that way.

Is the gaming a 'bring stuff and then see what people want to play' deal? Or has something been chosen?

Also, are they serving regular menu at lunch, or do we need to bring outside food for that?
    (chips and pop won't prop up the old blood sugar for 7 hrs)

11. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Sorry it took so long to respond. :? Lunch is a "do it yourself" thing, but there is a Subway & Burger King one block away. Me, I'm just gonna have a LARGE breakfast. :) Gaming wise, it's bring what ya want & see what's playing. I'm planning to bring 'Wings of War' & 'Fortress America.' The group doing this has a Guild set up on Board Game Geek. Any other questions PM me here. I reply to those a little quicker.

12. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

All had a great time at Sundays' Mini-Hoopla. About twenty five people attended this months gathering & everyone brought games. Tables got shuffled around, people got comfy, & the gaming commenced. Mama ventured from table to table playing four different games & wanting every one of them. I think I've created a Game-a-holic!! I decided to teach my son 'Fortress America', which he promptly stomped my arse in, as the invaders no less! Dinner was served at 5:30 & was excellent! Nine hours of gaming & a belly busting meal, couldn't ask for anything better for a $10.00 bill. Sounds like the next Hoopla's gonna be on Father's Day. All here have agreed, we're going to be there.

13. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

It has been confirmed. Next Mini-Hoopla is on Sunday, June 21st. Start time is 11:00am. Great escape for Father's Day!

14. jeffery st. clair

Augh! Can't make it again! Deekin, stay in touch, 'cuz I do want to get out there sometime. When is their next Con, next March? Or are they running something sooner?

15. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Their Mini-Hooplas are held every month at Casa Maria's. The next Gaming Hoopla is set for the last weekend in Septmember. I'll be posting updates every month here. Later :D

16. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

OKAY! Here's your chance. Next Mini-Hoopla is set for July 19th, 2009. Start time is 11:00am. Cost is still $10.00. Hope to see you there. :)

17. LumpyCheeseman

LumpyCheeseman Level 0 Character

The 19th is my birthday and I will be there!!

Will bring my collection with me as well, in case anyone wishes to purchase or trade books with me

Dungeon Master's Guide (1st Edition, Efreet Cover, 2nd Printing Beta)
    Monster Manual (1st Edition, 1st Cover)
    Monster Manual II
    Dungeoneer's Survival Guide
    Wilderness Survival Guide
    Manual of the Planes
    Deities & Demigods (possible 1st print with Cthulhu, Cthulhu is in the index, I honestly don't know the difference)
    Fiend Folio
    Dungeon Master Guide (2nd Edition)
    Player's Handbook (2nd Edition)
    World of Greyhawk box set
    World of Greyhawk - Castle Greyhawk module
    Dungeon Module T1 - The Village of Hommlet (AD&D 1Ed)
    Adventure Pack I (AD&D 1Ed)
    Jakandor, Island of War (AD&D 2Ed)
    Lankhmar - City of Adventure (with maps)
    Forgotten Realms - Powers & Pantheons
    DragonLance - World of Krynn adventure

massive pile of cards for Hyborian Gates, includes play manuals.

Can't wait to see everyone there!

18. jeffery st. clair

This time I should be able to make it. :cool:

19. LumpyCheeseman

LumpyCheeseman Level 0 Character

Ok, I take it back...I won't be there....ran out of money and not paid for a few days lol. Be there next month though!

20. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

That's okay, I get to eat your portion. :)