Gaming in November - Philadelphia, PA area

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by kveldulf, Oct 28, 2009.

1. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

Hi folks!

Philcon 2009 is a literary sci fi convention held annually in or near Philadelphia, PA. This year it will run from 20-22 November and be held just across the Delaware River from Philadelphia at a hotel in Cherry Hill, NJ.

I haven't been able to go in years due to military commitments, so I'm planning on going this year and seeing how it's doing. They do have a gaming room with open gaming and I'd be interested in doing some gaming (DM or play) at the con. If there are any Star Frontiers fans out there, I've got a bunch of homebrew adventures for it that I have run at cons and minicons over the years. I'd also be interested in some AD&D 1e and/or Gamma World (1e, 2e or 4e) gaming.

So.. This is my open call to any of you who live near Philly or might be interested in travelling to the Philadelphia area in late November for some gaming and incidental entertainment by way of the sci fi convention. If anyone is interested, give me a holler either on this board or by private message and we can see what we can get going.

The official website for the convention with hotel info, etc. is here: http://2009.philcon.org

Thanks for your time, and good gaming to you! : )

Andy

2. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Next time I'm visiting my family in South Jersey, Andy, I'll have to look you up: I ran Bottle City for an evening on my previous visit, but I didn't get a chance to DM this time around (ran short of time, alas!).

3. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

Definitely! I'm gone for a few weeks to Germany, after that I'll be back in Wayne, PA. Am planning on moving back to south Jersey in the spring, real estate gods willing : )

Let me know any time you're in the area.. Heck, would be cool just grabbing a few beers and talking Greyhawk!

Andy

4. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Gharrr! I'd probably make the drive to join in on that conversation (and the beers, of course!)

5. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Good to hear: any area in particular?

When I'm heading back, I usually post in the SJ Gamers thread @ DF @ http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewt ... 44&t=18859 Any chance that you're already monitoring that? (Also: looks like there's a game in Stroudsberg, but I don't recall offhand how close that is to Wayne: http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37500)

Always welcome, Charley :D

6. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Why, oh why are there no DC area Cons that I ever hear about? There are tons of gamers, even a fairly large number of Old School gamers... Grrrrr.... Okay, my rant is over.

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

YEAH! RIGHT!! :D

8. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

;) My rants are never over, just put in stasis until the next time someone reminds of them.

9. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

Yep, I've got family down in the south near Stuttgart as well as up in Bavaria. Also made a road trip to Dresden. Fan-freaking-tastic! Always great getting back over there : )

I check in Dragonsfoot periodically and track that thread. Will keep keeping an eye out : ) Sadly, Stroudsberg is way up in the NE corner of Pennsylvania, so its not an option for gaming; south Jersey is actually a lot closer (45-75 min drive depending on traffic and exactly where to).

Andy

10. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

Don't know of any RPG cons down there, but there is Balticon (Baltimore, MD small sci fi con with gaming area) in the spring. I plan to go in 2010 assuming schedule and military obligations allow.

Link to Balticon 2010 site is here:
    http://www.balticon.org

Let me know if you have any interest in going.. there are a couple of Star Frontiers buddies of mine that live in that area who I may try to convince (read: beat savagely with lead pipe until they agree) to go and do some gaming.

Andy

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I might be up for that. Hunt Valley is a bit of a haul from Leesburg, but I might go to it anyway. I'll have to see how the Succubus reacts...