Gary Con 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kas'tor, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Kas'tor

Kas'tor Level 0 Character

Hey call me crazy but . . . uhm when is GaryCon 2 (specific date would bne great but an approximate date or even month woudl be fine)?

2. rossik

rossik Footpad

i believe it would be close to teh same date as GC 1 ( first weekend of march?)

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

It is tentatively scheduled for March 6-7, 2010 in Lake Geneva, WI.

This is not carved in stone- but should be close. Luke will have more info once the location is secured for the event.

ETA: Oh, and welcome the the Forums Kas'tor!

4. Kas'tor

Kas'tor Level 0 Character

Thanks for the head.

I am the president of a rather large gaming group and woudl love to chat with the convention coordinator ahead of time (nothign liek being prepared well ahead of time). Who would be the fool* errrr . . . I mean individual to speak to ? ;-)

*Kas'tor would like to beg forgiveness from Mel Brooks in trying to do a take off from the immortal Blazing Saddles.

5. Dale

Dale Administrator

You want to speak to Luke (a.k.a Melf on the Forums). He is spearheading the GCII gathering. I'm sure anything you could do to help out would be appreciative.

6. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Yep. I am the right guy to talk to. Feel free to PM me.

Luke

7. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

This thread seems as good a place as any to ask this question--what is the largest convention/meeting hall in Lake Geneva? The turnout for this year was pretty good to my mind, and I think it'll only get bigger as word gets around and the fan base grows. While I don't think the Con will have to move to UW-Parkside anytime soon, I do think the organizers need to consider the possibility of a larger venue for next year and subsequent years.

Don't get me wrong--there was nothing wrong with the American Legion Hall. It was cool to play ther and imagine what it must have been like to have been there in the glory days of TSR and the beginning of RPGs. But I also want to see this con thrive and prosper, and in order to do that it needs to be able to grow to accommodate all those who want to attend.

My thanks to the organizers for putting on GaryCon I. I look forward to GaryCon II. :cool:

8. Melf

We are looking at larger venues for Gary Con II. The Legion Hall was fun and nostalgic, but we want to expand next year to accomodate more people, provide a quieter gaming environment and maybe have a small dealer area.

Stay tuned and I'll post up info as it develops. Thanks for coming to Gary Con I btw!

Luke

9. GeneWeigel

GeneWeigel Footpad

Although I missed the first one I'm definitely coming for "II".

10. Melf

Great! Stay tuned to garycon.com. Pre-reg should be ready in a few weeks time.

Luke

11. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

FAN-FRIGILY-TASTIC!! :D (New word I just made up.)

12. Melf

Nice word- also congrats on making Conjurer!

13. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Thank you, Thank you. :)