Gary Con 2011 Early Bird Registration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Apr 17, 2010.

1. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Yes, probably only one, another Luca...
    WOW!

2. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

and.....done!

3. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

It seems that I'm in a bind on this one... It's not that I don't have the money to go register and attend GC III, but more of a question of timing and whether or not I can get into an undergrad teaching program. If I get selected to teach a class on games (yes, you read that correctly, I would be submitting and planning a 10-week course on games), I either have to leave early Monday morning or Sunday to return home as I will likely have to teach the class on Mondays (I figure I need 2 hours to run the class: one to play games that exemplify the week's lesson and an hour for discussion on the principles governing the games and how they relate to the readings). It's like Orson Scott Card's description of the terrible choice: two items of equal weight (good or bad) and one must take precedence over the other. grr.... :evil:

4. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

And DONE - FINALLY!!

5. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

We gotta kill something together next year. I'm thinking Sir Jon's Cyberpunk.

6. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Sounds like a plan. Also looking at having at some DJ too at some point. And who knows what else ... when I'm not on the reg desk or some such, lol...

7. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

I've read some DJ, but never got a chance to play and it's definitely on my to-do list.

8. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Never played either!!
    Just got the core book about a month ago though!

9. grodog

grodog Troubadour

10. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Reminder to all - Early Bird ending soon...

11. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

And with all the excitement, I almost forgot. I'm in, dammit!

12. iddig ap nil

iddig ap nil Level 0 Character

Barely squeaked in under the wire! But, am registered. as is my wife, and I have to say, thanks for the Family Registration! It was quite handy this year! Now that I'm excited about GaryCon again, I'm going to get to work on an adnveture to run for it!

13. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I registered.

14. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Damn! Was going to register for a room and the con today, but I have to wait until funds transfer, so it ain't gonna happen 'til later in the week. My life is so damned depressing! Every time I try to do something these days, I either make an unholy mess of it or I have to wait... or both! :cry:

Look at that. I even have to edit my crying posts! Sigh...

15. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

When someone has a moment - what was the final Early Bird count?

16. Donal

Donal Administrator

The count isn't quite ready yet... we extended early bird through the end of this month.

17. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Do Tim & I have to register, or will you slide us in by the back door?

Frank

18. Dale

Dale Administrator

You guys get special badges- so you two are fine.

Look forward to seeing you in March.

19. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

So is Early Bird Registration extended till the end of August? Also, when does event submission begin? I want to get that info out to all the folks who frequent the Dead Games Society boards, we plan to run quite a few games at GaryconIII again this year :D

20. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

September 5th, event registration begins. :D (Garycon main page, click on calendar.) :roll:
    I'll post it on DGS shortly. (Already did!!) :lol: