Gary Con and TTE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LMetcalf, Mar 15, 2017.

1. LMetcalf

LMetcalf Level 0 Character

Greetings,

Gary Con is right around the corner and the staff is busy putting the finishing touches in place to host the biggest and best celebration to date. One thing to bear in mind is that sometimes things happen in people’s lives that prevents them from attending. We understand how frustrating this is and how it can throw a wrench in your gaming plans! This year we have a way to help reduce this problem ahead of time and keep your Gary Con stress free.

One benefit of using TTE is the ability to keep event registration open up to the week of Gary Con. The staff is updating the list to reflect all known cancellations as they are identified. I encourage everyone to go and check their schedule and look for any cancellations. If one of your events is cancelled, review the available events and select a replacement. Your new event ticket will be in your pre-registration packet for any change input before March 19th.

As of March 10th, we have had two Special Guests have to cancel due to personal issues (Lester Smith and Jeremy Crawford). And as many of you know both Tim Kask and Jim Ward are battling serious health issues. They are both members of the Gary Con Old Guard and committed to celebrating with us, however circumstances may dictate that they miss this year. So please check your schedules and remain flexible. There are still plenty of open seats at a variety of events.

– The Gary Con Staff

JediSoth likes this.
  2. booke63

booke63 Level 0 Character

One of my events was just cancelled as the GM is unable to attend the event. I received an email via TTE notifying me and letting me know my ticket for the game was refunded. So the system worked just fine for me. It was good to know, and I hope all is well with the missing GM.

PBurke likes this.
  3. Rawlkeer81

Rawlkeer81 Level 0 Character

One of my events was cancelled too, with the same result. Notice on email, went in and scheduled new events no problem. Seems to me to be a very smooth system.

4. Brent

Brent Level 0 Character

On the TTE page when I call up "My Events", there is a button indicating I can "Export Events". When I click on the button, nothing appears to happen. What is supposed to happen and how might I get it to work. Downloading and printing the schedule would be handy.

5. Rawlkeer81

Rawlkeer81 Level 0 Character

I tried it too just now, nothing. I thought maybe I didn't have excel installed or maybe some security setting was stepping on it, but that's not it. At least for me it's not

6. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

I think the export button is a mac thing. it makes a call to a program I've never seen on a PC.

7. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Export button works fine for me (multiple times a day). May want to confirm you have no Adblocker installed and no popup blocker enabled for the site. I'm on the PC using Chrome.

8. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

No offense, but is this announcement necessary? If cancellations occur, deal with them at the time. Crap happens to us all. Attendees can deal. Just let them know THEN, not IF it happens. We have enough weathermen in the country.

9. crunchy

crunchy Level 0 Character

This thread was helpful to me. I thought event registration had permanently closed in February. Now I am able to adjust my schedule a little. Thank you!