Gary Con II T-shirt advance order-- Reply needed ASAP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Melf, Feb 18, 2010.

1. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Cut the guys some slack. They're doing the best they can. They're putting the Origins crew to shame. Talk about a clusterf*ck (Origins that is).

2. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I don't know about Origins but I must say I don't know of any other Con that provides Old School Gaming and a very low cost entry fee like GaryCon does. Plus the personal feel is also great.

Like others it would have been nice to have longer notice on the shirts but, at the same time, I'm just glad these guys are providing shirts! I know of Cons that don't have shirts for the attendees....they're just for the volunteers.

So, kudos to you guys. Keep up the good work.

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

YEAH!! WHAT HE SAID!!!
    Besides, I'll just steal Luke's if mine ain't there. OOOO! OH! Tight Fit!! :lol:

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

Easy now. No one is getting down on anyone here. Just a few making sure the guys know they would have bought if they had known and a suggestion by myself on how to implement a new best practice for similar future situations. Everyone is friendly here. No need to think otherwise.

5. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I agree with Mark. Not trying to slam folks. Not everyone checks the website or forum every day or every week; and even if they normally do, sometimes travel, work, family and/or other crud get in the way. So for anything urgent (say 15 days or less), an email would be a good idea. A post no matter how attention getting, doesn't help people that don't happen to log on.

I was bummed at not getting the discount.

Another note on mass emails though; When Luke sent out the email on 1/23/10, I know 3 people that did not get it (and it did not go to their Spam folder either. So mailing list maintainence would be important too.

6. Celticindian

Celticindian Level 0 Character

Anyone? Can I get a little help here? :)

7. Dale

Dale Administrator

Celt...

I have been summoned. What do you neeeeed? ;)

8. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Hi guys---

I didn't see the "pay by Tuesday" note until today, so my Q is: was an XL shirt ordered for me even though I said I did want one, but hadn't paid yet?

9. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Grodog,

What are you doing ordering Gamer Small? You won't be able to fit into that thing after GaryCon! :lol:

10. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Nothin' worse than man-boobs in a tight shirt! :lol: That's why I go extra-biggie sized!

11. Celticindian

Thanks Dale,

I will not be able to make the con this year, but would like to purchase an XL shirt. Is there a way for me to go about this???

12. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

ACK! The horror...the image....this is worse than that game of Cthulu I played where everyone went LITERALLY insane.

I shall smite you with my club of witty comebacks when I can think of one. Ugh, the horror!

13. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

ACK! The horror...the image....this is worse than that game of Cthulu I played where everyone went LITERALLY insane.

I shall smite you with my club of witty comebacks when I can think of one. Ugh, the horror![/quote]

Maybe the sub-title should read; "A geek , a preacher & a post-whore. Go figure, HUH?!"
    :p :lol: :p :lol:

14. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Maybe the sub-title should read; "A geek , a preacher & a post-whore. Go figure, HUH?!"
    :p :lol: :p :lol:[/quote]

Me, a postwhore? Excuse me, sirrah, but whore's get PAID! I am, therefore, a post SLUT!

:twisted:

15. ElectricBoogaloo

ElectricBoogaloo Level 0 Character

Mayhaps a Wanton Wench?

16. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

.....and the score is, Teaxs 1, Tennessee 0.
    :lol:

17. Dale

Dale Administrator

Not sure, yet. The shirts are being printed are limited in quantity.

I don't know if there will be a re-order after the convention, but I would like to think so. Otherwise, there could be a lot of disappointed people not able to get a t-shirt.

Check back later, for any updates.

18. Celticindian

Thanks Dale, I'll check in later.

19. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Dale---

Any ideas on where I stand? If I need to pick up a shirt first thing at the con, that's fine, I'd just like to know that I need to do that when I pick up my badge :D