Gary Con III Mitchell Airport rides

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Totan, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Bloodymage needs a ride from Mitchell Field
    BM: When you get your reservation consider posting your ETA and flight number (in case of delays, etc.).

If other folks that plan to fly into Mitchell (aka Milwaukee) want to try sharing rental cars or getting rides from folks that have to or can go past Mitchell on the way to GCIII perhaps this thread will help coordinate things.

2. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

For those of us not terribly familiar with the region, could you elucidate where Mitchell Airport is?

3. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Good, point. It is the Milwaukee airport. I've updated the top post with parens.

General Mitchell International Airport • 5300 South Howell Ave. • Milwaukee, WI 53207
    Contact Info: Telephone: 414-747-5300 • Email: [email protected]

4. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I highly recommend that everyone make a car rental reservation, if you plan on renting a car that is, way in advance. Last year, with part of the March Madness Basketball tournaments taking place in Milwaukee, the rental cars were all but gone when I got into town. Thankfully, the nice people at Alamo found me something I could use...

With that being said, if I fly into Milwaukee (might do Chicago instead, haven't made up my mind yet), it will be on Thursday sometime and I will be happy to grab whichever nerdlings need a ride. We can pack em' in like a clown car for all I care. Two rules: No farting (except me) and no sobriety (<sigh>, except me). ;)

Once you have your flight times, post em' here and we can organize. Don't worry, I don't bite.

5. qstor

qstor Level 0 Character

sounds good I might come in Thursday from the DC/MD area :)

Mike

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

7. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I'm currently awaiting the airline's window for flights after 3/11 to open up so I can get my ticket to/from John Wayne Airport (SNA) to Milwaukee.

8. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Irvine, CA?

9. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Yeah, but changing flights is a pain in the arse too. Jimmy just confirmed that he is coming again and he is leaning towards Chicago as well. No decisions made yet! We will both be off on Monday so we can always do a later flight after rush hour.

10. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Where are you in MD? I've got a pretty good old school group in Ashburn, VA and we are always looking for another player or two.

Let's see about coordinating times/locations and we can all share a car, if that works for you.

11. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

OH!! Didn't know you have a change-over, that sucks.
    Jimmy committed? TOO KEWL! :D

12. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I live a couple of blocks north of Irvine and go to UC Irvine.

13. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Nice place. My employer has an office there. I went to a training session there for a week in late december a few years ago. I missed my flight out due to the extraordinarily long security line and ended up hanging out for the night with a few other random people that also didn't make the flight. We went to some awesome mexican joint in Laguna for dinner. Good times. Hanging out with random people you have just met is a gamble sometimes but in this instance, it worked out fine. :D

14. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

w00t! Yeah, no direct flights to Milwaukee from DC... :-(

15. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Sorry, you may have to forgive an old man. And as to drinkin', I don't do much o' that anymore, either. I like a pint or two o' dark from time to time and I'll probably have a bottle o' Irish with me, but drunk ain't fun anymore.

:geek:

16. pana

pana Level 0 Character

I will be coming from LAX to probably Chi if they make me layover or change plains. Otherwise I will be coming to MIL. I would be interested in sharing expense for car rental, or paying for a ride. Let me know.

17. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I hear ya'. I was only kidding! I'll not force anyone to do something they wouldn't want to do. :)

18. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Just checked Southwest and they're now accepting reservations through March. Gotta wait 'til next month for my res, but it looks like my preferred flight will come in about 5:30. Lemme know if there's any problems w/ that. Also, Druvas, they have an option to notify others of one's itinerary via e-mail. If you'll PM me yours, I'll fill that section in.

19. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Tickets secured. Will be arriving at MKE approx. 5:25pm Thursday on Sardine...er Southwest Airlines. Being a poor college student, I can't afford a car. Might be sans room, but I have an air mattress and military training in sucking up. ;)

20. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

I have my res also, arriving approx 1725 3/24. Sked depart is 1505 on 3/28. I could have gotten a 7AM flight, but I ain't a morning person. Will change, if necessary.

I have a room reserved as well and am willing to share as long as it doesn't turn into a dorm. A couple o' people would be fine if you can cope with an old goat with special needs. Room share would be nice (I'm on a fixed income), but I'll not be demanding about it.