Gary Con IV is Underway!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mark, Mar 22, 2012.

1. mark

mark Spellbinder

Here are some pics from Gary Con eve, the scheduled gaming begins tomorrow. I was surprised by the early turnout and I was lucky enough to get into a couple of early games. The first was a game of Kingsburg with Wayne (The Keeper) and Dale Ann who love this game and teach it very well. I definitely had a shot right up through the end. Then a bit later, daiglo, The Skach, and howandwhy99, along with a few others, played a couple of fast games of Wits & Wagers. Great fun! :)

http://tinyurl.com/garyconIV01

[​IMG]

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

Indeed it is! This should be a great year!

Can you upload your photos to another service, other than Google+? You have to have an account to view them- so many people might not be able to view them.

3. forgemeister

forgemeister Footpad

The 'man van' (because its not a mini-van) begins its trek in T-53 minutes and counting.
    W00T! I will extract long hours of dastardly fun from the next 96 hours... given the 1000s of hours of effort put into this shindig. Particular thanks in store for Luke, Dale, and Chris H. These guys work their behinds off gang.

GaryCon in T-1 hour and 54 minutes.

Be prepared... the entire Eldritch Crew is 'jonesing' for some gaming gang. :D

Swords will be dropped.
    Opponents will grow extra-long claws.
    ...and by Sunday, a new group of heros shall emerge, undoubtedly victorious.

See y'all at the tables. Bring your sword.

...and your wits.
    XXOOCC

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

Does the "Public" option not allow everyone to view them? I might have time next week to scout out another service but this is what I use for other things currently and doesn't take me but a mijnutes to get them uploaded. Are you unable to see them?

5. mark

mark Spellbinder

I see now, and after having talked more with Dale, that the photos can only be viewed with a gmail/google account, so I'll have to find a second home for some (maybe all) of the pics I have on Picasa, Gary Con and otherwise. What good are they if they cannot be seen afterall? In the meantime, though, here are some early Thursday pics that I dropped on there.

http://tinyurl.com/garyconIV02

[​IMG]

6. MonsterMike

MonsterMike Level 0 Character

W00t!

I'm busting out of work in about 93 minutes to begin the trek down to Lake Geneva! Wife and kids have been kissed, games are prepped, and luggage is loaded.

And I got a special bonus today.

I'm running a Savage Worlds game on Saturday called Sacred Heart Hospital. One of the characters in the game is Dr. David Cook, and he is based rather closely on a real doctor I work with. I ran into (the real) Dr. Cook today and he kindly recorded a dictation for me in genuine doctor jargon describing his initial encounter with patient zero. Awesome prop! Turns out he is a role-player as well.

7. mark

mark Spellbinder

That's excellent, MonsterMike! :)

For those who have Facebook accounts, I am uploading the pictures, including yesterday's photos, and two new albums from this morning and this afternoon, for anyone who wishes to tag folks, make comments, and whatnot. Feel free to snag any pictures of yourself if you'd like to have one for your personal albums.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 1315595608

8. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I cannot believe I am missing this.......I would have been better off not to have seen these photos, now I am just plain angry with myself for not making it out there. I don't feel so good. Maybe I better lie down.

9. mark

mark Spellbinder

At the risk of angering you further, smokin, I've added several more albums of pics from yesterday and this morning on Facebook at the previous link and in related albums. I've made them Public, but I think you need a Facebook account to go through them and feel free to Friend me is you like (anyone). Enjoy! :)

10. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Keep 'em coming.

11. welleran

welleran Footpad

Great pics, number 14!

12. scottenkainen

scottenkainen Level 0 Character

I forgot to hand in my survey answers last night! Since I didn't come back today, can there be some part of the forum for the survey, or someone I could e-mail my answers to...?

~Scott "-enkainen" Casper

13. mark

mark Spellbinder

I didn't hand my own in either, in the Sunday hustle of packing up, checking out, and also running a game, but we should definitely get a thread up here with answers from those of us who didn't get them turned in on time. ;) Although I think two of my answers weren't ones the survey had included, an "I don't know" and an alternate idea to looking for a bigger space.

I've got a few more pics to get up on Facebook but there are a ton more with photo albums titled -

Gary Con IV - Wednesday (GC Eve)

Gary Con IV - Thursday (Morning)

Gary Con IV - Thursday (Afternoon)

Gary Con IV - Thursday (Evening)

Gary Con IV - Friday (Morning)

Gary Con IV - Firday (Afternoon - Evening)

Gary Con IV - Saturday (Morning)

Gary Con IV - Saturday (Afternoon)

Gary Con IV - Saturday (Evening)

Gary Con IV - Sunday (Morning)

14. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

There was a survey?

15. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Yes, it was in your registration envelope.

16. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Ah. Since I picked mine up on Wednesday, I didn't get one (I didn't have the attendance sheets for the games I was running either; had to pick those up on Thursday). So sad...no survey for me :(