Gary Con IV Planning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JediSoth, Aug 9, 2011.

1. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Whew! Seven events submitted, I'm exhausted after posting them all, can't wait to see how I feel after running that marathon :cool:

2. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

We're going to need more players!!! I believe we are running 20 DGS games so far + pick up games. I'll call Heavenly Bodies and the Admiral Theater for more gamers.

3. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

This is going to be an quality event packed year. Seems like GMs are stepping up in extraordinary fashion this year, which considering prior years is saying A LOT.

The Stargate SG-1 GM that I told the Con about is coming and running in the neighborhood of 9 and 13 games. I'm hopeful that Shadowrun Missions will have at least a small showing this year - I have comments of interest from 3 GMs so far, and hope to find more.

4. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Shadowrun Missions is using the current ruleset, correct? Do you know if they have pre-gens available? I would really like the opportunity to play some more SR.

5. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Yes, Shadowrun Missions uses 4th Ed / "4A" (4th Ed, 25th Anniversary) rules. Typically (and I would help make sure it was the case at Gary Con) there is a pre-gen of each character type. In fact if/when something gets firmed up, I will try to ensure that they are available well in advance online and that the character creation rules are available too in case you want tweak a pre-gen or make a character from scratch.

6. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

These are the events I submitted so far:

DGS Presents: Ghostbusters - Bustin' the Con
    System: Ghostbusters
    Thursday, March 22nd, 8:00 PM
    Synopsis: Ghostbusters International has just opened a new office in Indianapolis. To drum up business, the main office has the boys (and girls) in grey doing promo work at a Gen Con! It was supposed to be easy, boring: signing autographs, hosting a Q&A, but some pesky poltergeists showed up and the last thing they want is an autograph from Doctors Venkman, Stantz, and Spengler (or even Zeddemore).

DGS Presents: Paranoia - Soylent People are Green
    System: Paranoia, 2nd Edition
    Friday, March 23rd, 2:00 PM
    Synopsis: Former HoloVid Star-turned News Anchor Teena-O-MLY has been taken hostage by a group of traitors who have assumed control of a section of the Food Vats. Your task will be to eliminate the traitors, return control of the Food Vats to the Computer, and rescue Teena-O-MLY. Your friend, The Computer, will ensure you are properly equipped to deal with all obstacles in your path.

DGS Presents: Star Wars - Imperial Entanglements
    System: Star Wars (WEG D6, Revised & Expanded)
    Saturday, March 24th, 2:00 PM
    Synopsis: General Airen Cracken has been captured by the Empire. Your crack team of commandos has been assembled to conduct the rescue operation. You'll need to infiltrate the Star Destroyer Stormhammer, by using a stolen Imperial Shuttle. The catch? You haven't stolen the shuttle yet, but there's one ripe for the picking at the spaceport in Ramsees Hed.

I had to use "DGS Presents" instead of "Dead Games Society Presents" 'cause the name field wasn't long enough.

I may still submit a D&D adventure, as I had great fun running one last year, but I'll have to see if I have time to write it.

7. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

The event submissions are looking very good - possibly even better than previous years! Thanks for all of your support! I need more hours to play games this year!!!! :D

8. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

I'll be there for more CoC and 'noia if you DGS guys are running it.

I'm also planning on running a battletech based football game. I've tested it out on my scout den and I think it is ready for players aged 10 and up (or 6 and up if they are familiar with battletech).

9. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Well, my events are submitted and as I've said before, I much prefer running home characters to pregens. We have a 5th-7th AD&D adventure and a 4th-6th C&C adventure. The A&8s game can use characters from Rustlers & Townsfolk if they don't bring their own and the LtH session is designed as a "make your own character" event. I'll bring pregens just in case, but it's just more work for me that I don't really need.

10. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

I can sympathize somewhat, but my convention experience is that pregens work best - saves time and ensures a relatively level starting point for the players.

11. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

The Dead Games Society definitively rocks, I'm charmed!

12. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Why thank you :)

13. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

The DGS plans on pulling out all the stops at GaryCon. More costumes, more dancing girls, more debauchery. Also there will be plenty of Call of Cthulhu DGS games to play.

MoT

14. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Older editions of course. (The Call of Cthulhu, not the dancing girls...) ;)

15. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Your talk of CoC and dancing girls makes me wonder if I should be making a sanity check right now. I've hung around enough gamers to realize that there idea of dancing girls is not the same as mine. In fact, it could vary in a number of ways........don't ask about Dominion Con, okay? :eek:

;)

16. ghul

ghul Chevalier

I want to submit my events but there is an issue: Because I am renting a booth (which comes with 2 badges), I can't submit my events because the system is not recognizing me as a badge purchaser.

Also, a question: Is there a plan to close the vendors area at a certain time? If so, I will likely try to coordinate a lot of my events after the room closes...

Cheers,
    Jeff T.

17. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

And I submitted my fourth event as part of the Dead Games Society block:

DGS Presents: Ghostbusters - How Dry I Am
    Several class 5 free-floating vaporous manifestations are tearing up a college kegger. The Ghostbusters are called in to dispatch these Prohibition Poltergeists. But is this a single case of 'spirits' versus 'spirits,' or is there something more malevolent trying to end drunken debauchery in our dimension?

DGS Presents: It Came From the Late, Late, Late Show - Arbor Day!
    8:00 PM [HOR] MOVIE-Thriller "Arbor Day!" (1968) Horrific axe murders begin to occur in the forested Pacific Northwest similar to those committed by the legendary "Paul Bunyon Killer" 20 years earlier. Has the crazed lumberjack returned from the grave? Hosted by Dr. Phil Mel DeHyde.(CC)

DGS Presents: Timemaster - Postage Due
    An undelivered letter in mid-1800 America has thrown the timeline into chaos. What does this single piece of correspondence contain that makes it so critical to future events? Time Corps agents will be dispatched to the point of divergence to ensure the mail goes through!

DGS Presents: Mutant Future - The Devil's Greenhouse
    Within the last month, the growth of all forms of vegetation has visibly accelerated, threatening to overrun and choke off your tiny post-apocalyptic village. Does an Ancient children's bedtime story of "The Devil's Greenhouse" and the mutated plantlife lurking within hold the key to surviving this floral horror?

18. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

wow, how did I miss this post? I'm perusing the HYPERBOREA campaign website right now, and I'm definitely interested in joining a game at GaryCon. I'll try to watch for this during game registration. Looks great!

~Hoyt.

19. Dale

Dale Administrator

Jeff,

We are planning the hours of operation for the dealer room to be:

Noon to 5 pm (Thursday for Dealer Setup. Closed to Public)

9 am to 5 pm (Friday & Saturday)
    10 am to 3 pm (Sunday)

I hope this helps.

20. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Oops, I didn't realize I asked the same question twice (here and in another thread). It was in my fool head, and I must have figured I didn't ask yet. ;)