Gary Con IV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otto von grunwald, Apr 2, 2011.

1. So, Luke's had like a week to rest. Time for GC4 details! ;)

...waiting patiently...

Jeff

2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

3. I was talking about next year's action packed weekend. :)

4. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

So you were; sorry

5. Dale

Dale Administrator

Patience grasshopper. :p

I can confirm that there will be a GC IV if that is what you seek. Hopefully soon (matter of a week or so), we will announce the official dates for the next 3 years. We have to put ink to paper, but... I did say 3 years. Start making your plans accordingly. ;)

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

You and the GC gang rock, Dale. Keep it up and know that you have our thanks and support! :)

7. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I guess we know where you'll be for nine days: behind the desk. ;)

8. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I appreciate the excitement for Gary Con IV building already! Expect everything we did this year (original modules, Old Guard GMs, original artwork by Easley) plus some improvements on games for young players, a return of the special Gary Con coin and a few other things still in development.

Luke

9. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Oooo! Would that be like a battalion coin?

10. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Indeed, sir - here are the two sides from the coin last year:
    (Presuming next year's will have GC III on one side & GC IV on the other)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. francisca

francisca Troubadour

3 years? Thats great to hear! Nice work, guys!

As for kids gaming, my 12 year old said he'd be interested in running a kids-only game (say for 9-12 year olds.) Of course, that depends on schedules syncing up.

12. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

As would mine - my son, who will be 11 by next year, might want to run something and both kids already told me, "We don't care about the swimming...just more games..."

:lol:

13. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the games "officially" start on a Friday and tend to last 4 hours?

On average how many games do you guys play / run?

I know it is a year away, but I am getting very excited.

14. Donal

Donal Administrator

Hmm... by 9 days, does that mean 3 years x 3 days each year?

So, this assumes GC will remain a 3 day Con?

Out of curiousity, since the pictures are posted above, which side of the coin do most people prefer? Or do both sides "balance" one another?

15. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Two votes for non-enameled / non-painted side from here. I prefer the 3D relief of the Lizardman side, but my other half prefers the Knight, if unpainted.

16. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I got my Sat night group putting money in the kitty for us all to go to GC4. How we are gonna stay out of it to get beer money, I have no idea.

17. caalas

caalas Level 0 Character

I had a great time this year teaching new players some great board games especially a few moms with young kids. I think next year I'll get in a game of Hackmaster but the rest of the time I'm just going to run a bunch of boardgames. I plan on having a better system in place for next year as well. Maybe a list of games by category; 2 player, 4 player, young kids, fast easy to learn rules, etc.

Also, there was a lot of buzz about the CarWars stuff I had out. I think I'll try and run a CarWars arena to bring back some good memories.

18. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Are you the guy who recommended "Hey! That's My Fish!" and "Tumblin' Dice" to my wife? Both went over well with the wife and kids, and I taught a friend and his 10 year old son Ticket To Ride with your set, as well.

I'm in for Car Wars, if you run it. Conventions are the only place I've ever played it, actually.

19. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I haven't played car wars since about Gen Con 1986. It would be cool to break it out again and run a game.

20. I'm totally down for some Car Wars!
    Cycle gangs vs. MONDOs were some of my favorite memories from the early 80s. :)