Gary Con IV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otto von grunwald, Apr 2, 2011.

1. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

"Father, what is best in life?"
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to get a full set of collectible Gary Con dice."

2. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

We are not going to hear the lamination of the women?

3. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

That's not silly at all. There are several dice products packaged and sold as math tools. Some even have dice with different operation signs. Another package comes with 3d6 and 2d12. I saw that one in a Staples.

4. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

I'm going to have to look into that. Someone once asked me, "Don't you have enough dice?" To which I replied, "You can never have too many dice."

Which leads me into, Yea I'd be very interested in a GCIV die.

5. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

:lol: OMG! :lol:

6. dlawson74

dlawson74 Level 0 Character

Do you have any idea how much plastic it would take to laminate a woman?

7. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

A life sized Barbie?

No comment.

No idea why that copy and paste from google didn't correct the spelling.

8. mark

mark Spellbinder

The hats were a great addition this year. I wear mine proudly. Thanks to the GC gang for getting some high-quality products!

9. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Glad you liked them! Chris thought of doing the hats. We'll see what curios we can come up with for GC IV.

10. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Yes, I'm kicking myself because I didn't buy a cap or an extra cup. The cups are great but after a few washings the words begin to flake away. So, it would have been smart for me to get a second cup to use as a pen/pencil holder on my desk.

Oh, and my friend Redd is annoyed with me because I forgot to buy him a shirt.

11. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

Since I have not been to a GC yet how much do the shirts/hats go for?

12. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

For you, my friend, the special rate of an arm and a leg. For those I'm so less inclined to favor, I believe that the prices have been about $20. :lol:

13. mark

mark Spellbinder

Well, thank you, Chris! :)

I wonder if there are any left?

I forget but that sounds right.

14. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I'm already thinking about the games I'm going to run. I heard some rumblings of disappointment that I didn't have a Paranoia game this year, so I might whip up a new scenario for that. I will probably run another D&D game. I'm torn between making a silly goblinoid game, using rules from GAZ10 Orcs of Thar for goblinoid characters, or a more traditional low level (5 or 6) game, the plot of which I won't spoil here.

Decisions, decisions.

15. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

I will likely run Queen of the Demonweb pits with Dungeons Deep rules, in addition to our new adventure, Revenge of the White Wyrm.

16. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Derek- I think there are a couple shirts left over. I am not sure of the sizes available. If you are willing to pay for the shipping charge (5-8 bucks or so)- send Donal a PM with the size desired and see if he can get it. Chris has the extra gear at his house.

Luke

17. a flannel shirt

a flannel shirt Footpad

I've been wanting to play Paranoia ever since I've heard about it. My group seems to be stuck in Star Wars mode. Which in itself is kind of annoying. I am getting their interest in MSH though.

Here is the list of what I might be running:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Basic D&D
    Title: King for 1000 Years!

[​IMG]

As of now I have a print out of the scroll. I hope by the time GCIV comes around I will have made the scroll feel like parchment/leather as well as the other "notes" found in the game. The game has been play tested once with great success. I do not think I will be changing much to the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MSH (FASERIP)
    Title: I have not decided yet

It was just a typical day in downtown Chicago. The temperature was cold, the wind was blowing hard, and the cabbies once again almost ran you over. However, something happened that day that was different. Your usual check up ended strangely, you noticed a lot more hairs on your chest, or you just didn’t feel right. Something (whatever your origin was) was not right. Thinking nothing of it you slept off this funk. When you woke up you realized that things were different, you had powers that you didn’t have before. You spent the next few nights learning the insides and outs of these powers and foiling a few small crimes. Seeing an opportunity to help this great city you designed a costume and became…….
    On your first night as a true superhero you reach for the knob on your door to your room and a sudden pain shoots through your head. You are knocked completely unconscious. You awake and find yourself……

The game has been play tested once with success. I plan to make some updates and run the game again soon.

Star Wars Saga
    Title: Aggressive Negotiations

I have not decided yet on a description.

I hope to running these games under the dead game society's banner.

18. hackhamster

hackhamster Level 0 Character

I've already committed myself (in my own mind that is) to running a conversion of the old Holmes Blue Book dungeon to the newest version of Hackmaster. This year I went as a player, next year, I gotta GM.

19. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Queen of the Demonweb Pits sounds awesome! Is the DD rules system available yet?
    Apologies for my ignorance, of course...
    :oops:

20. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Playtesting next month, but I'll refrain from hard dates just yet, as we've been overeaching a bit so far.