Gary Con Rations -- Vital Supplies!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gronan of Simmerya, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Last year the Resort ran out of IPA on Thursday! Please make sure that doesn't happen again, we hop fans need our brew!

2. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

They ran out on THURSDAY? Just a little unprepared, huh?

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

And, Shocktop went quick too. We have a list that we've addressed with the Lodge. They are great to work with- and eager to make the positive changes.

4. bighara

bighara Chevalier

Beer is nice, but I was hoping this thread was about meals. I understand why the menu is limited, but I'm hoping there might be a little more non-junk available.

5. Dale

Dale Administrator

Trust me, the lack of healthy choices was a HUGE part of our discussions with the Lodge. Their new chef was working on the menu last week. We hope to have an update on it in the near future. So fear not; it will be a big improvement. :)

6. toddwo

toddwo Level 0 Character

What about the bacon covered donuts? They're not going eliminate the bacon covered donuts, are they?

7. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Hey, y'all can have ALL my share of the IPA. Does that help?

8. welleran

welleran Footpad

As long as the Spotted Cow holds out, all will be well.

9. bighara

bighara Chevalier

:D

10. tellion

tellion Footpad

Running out of NG Spotted Cow would be a travesty... especially since you cannot get it outside of WI. I intend to use my GC stadium cups to full advantage to make up for the 51 weeks out of the year that I do not have access.

11. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

For those of you coming in early like WED and THURS head down to Bruno's liquor in Lake Geneva. They will still have a selection of various NG beer in their coolers at that time. Ask the clerk if they will give you a Gary Con discount. In past years the Sharkus Bros gave a 10% discount. I can't guarentee that they will do it again this year, but it can't hurt to ask. They are usually sold out of all NG beer by Friday of Gary Con throughout Lake Geneva.

12. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Bruno's is a highly recommended locale. Just tell 'em Ernie sent ya!

13. MonsterMike

MonsterMike Level 0 Character

Amen to that, brother.

I'm also pleased that they are making changes to the menu to include some non-grease options.

The past two years, I have had essentially identical experiences when trying to order Lodge food from the waitstaff roving the gaming area. Namely, they promise the wait time on the food will be short. Two hours later, there's still no food. I go looking for the food, only to find that there was a mixup of some sort with the order, and I wait another 45 minutes to actually get it. Really really unacceptable. I'm hoping that there will be less chance of this happening with a chicken caesar salad than a pepperoni pizza.

14. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

That's surprising. I went last year and it seemed like the food came pretty quickly throughout the con. I definitely never experienced a 2 hour wait. It's hard to measure time while gaming, but I'd guess a typical wait for me was more like 30 minutes or less.

15. Dale

Dale Administrator

Last year, the wait staff kicked ass! They were running up & down the stairs. There was hustle & friendliness in their approach to our gamers. I hope that continues this year.

16. Bruno's is still there? I was in Boy Scouts with Eddie Sharkus.

Also, re food choices... I loves me some fried greezy meat as much as the next gamer but by Saturday night I would have committed bloody mayhem for a salad.

Just sayin'. Us old guys need our roughage.

17. lige

lige Level 0 Character

Glad to hear there will be some more healthy options - I remember the first time I saw that menu and thought that the Lodge was trying to kill us! I have to second Dale on the waitstaff though they were top notch - also the bar manager who stayed past his shift to keep the bar open allow a bunch of gamers to drink too much Spotted Cow also is to be commended.

18. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Definitely making a trip to Bruno's and using the secret password. Thanks for the pro tip!

19. kersus

kersus Footpad

There's a wait staff? I'm all worried about packing enough snacks and drinks for each game - especially when rushing from one to the next.

20. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Fabulous news, Dale! Thanks :D