Gary Con VI Badge Registration is open!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dale, Oct 25, 2013.

1. francisca

francisca Troubadour

We're all good.

2. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

It refers to plastic souvenir stadium cups, which have been sold with badges and/or separately in past years.

One gets you free/reduced price pop at certain times, the other gets free/reduced beer at certain times. I don't know what the third one does - tries to get by on its looks, maybe.

For blood sugar reasons, I mostly subsist on water, and the details are quite fuzzy in my head, as you can see. Assist, anyone?

3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Rich/Jim,

If your wife and younger child are not going to play any games, we can register them as visitors on-site so they have a badge. I think we do those for a small fee ($10) or free. It was such a small item in the past that I forget at the moment.

-Luke

4. tellion

tellion Footpad

Early Bird Badge procured! Hotel reservation confirmed! Just need to lock down transportation and purchase a souvenir t-shirt...

Will there be an opportunity to purchase the t-shirt in advance this year other than via the Platinum Package? Can't wait to see the new design!

5. kersus

kersus Footpad

My girlfriend is trying to acquire a badge but needed to register an account and after three days it hasn't been activated. She sent an email on the weekend but no response. It'd be cool if she could get the Platinum badge along with me.

6. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

Just got my badge and looking forward to my first Garycon. Now, I just have to get approved for vacation...

7. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

The site won;'t let me buy a badge...it says the card cannot be used. Is there any other way I can register...I don't have another card!

8. mordrin

I can't help with technical glitches - but maybe you have a PayPal account?

9. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

No, I'm trying to just use a credit card. I do not have a Paypal account.

10. mordrin

I would try PMing Donal
    memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2

He may be unavailable over Thanksgiving, but since you're having technical problems before the deadline, he can probably set you up, regardless of when he gets back to you.

Are you trying to get Plats or Early Bird?
    Also, are you sure your card is working everywhere else?
    (I've had a number of overly cautious "fraud prevention holds" placed on my card in the last few months, for example)

11. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

The card worked fine Tuesday. It wouldn't even go through, said "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number."

I want the EB registration.

12. Dale

Dale Administrator

If anyone is having an issue with "activating" your account, here is the process.

Once you sign up for a new account- an email is sent (within 5 minutes) to you. Check your "Junk folder" if you didn't get it- as some of you are reporting this is where the activation link email was found.

The email sent has an activation link that must be clicked for your account to be activated.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks.

13. So it's only platinum and silver? What about gold and copper?

14. scythe0925

scythe0925 Level 0 Character

Is there a conformation on this? My DND group wants to go, but we don't want to play in any of the events, just have our monthly D&D game there to support all things Gygax. We however were just looking to get in and maybe shop, but only for 1 day.