Gary Con X Event Submission

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LMetcalf, Sep 3, 2017.

1. LMetcalf

LMetcalf Level 0 Character

Greetings Seekers!,

GenCon 50 is behind us and its time to start ramping up for Gary Con X! It's Labor Day weekend, so there is no better time to commit to a labor of love by submitting events for all of us to enjoy at Gary Con.

Just go to the Gary Con site on TableTop.Events (https://tabletop.events/conventions/gary-con-x) to purchase your badge. Once you have a badge just click on the "Submit Events" button and you are on your way!

For more information and detailed instructions on how to submit events and GM Rewards, visit the Gary Con Website Events page (http://garycon.com/events-submission/). Have a great holiday weekend and I'll see you at Gary Con in 186 days!

Cheers,

Luke Gygax

2. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

3. Venger Satanis

Venger Satanis Level 0 Character

Getting ready to submit events for Gary Con X...

VS

Melf and mwisconsin like this.
  4. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

I tried to submit an event for 10AM-1PM on Sunday and got a message that my "preferred start time plus duration goes past the convention end time". Times are Sunday at 10AM, 3 hour duration.

EDIT: Hmmm, now I'm realizing that the last start time is 11am. Does the convention end at noon on Sunday this year?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  5. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

I scheduled my 10am Sunday game, that should go for 4 hours, for 2 hours. I also left an extensive comment to the submission and they have already gotten back to me to let me know that I can have my 4 hour Sunday Battletech Horror game!

So I would suggest scheduling 10 to noon, and put a comment that you want to be 3 hours instead of 2.

Jarlaxle and dndgeek like this.
  6. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Good idea; that should work for my 10AM game, but I was also planning a 2pm-4pm game...

7. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Per Skip Williams: games can run past noon, but they cannot start after noon.

8. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Just in the system, or in reality?

If the latter, that's a new policy to note

9. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

I took it as both, but maybe Skip can chime in to confirm. (Not sure how long after 12 a game can run. Was thinking of switching my 9-hour game to Sunday, but I don't want to be a PITA again this year so I didn't ask.)

10. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

If this is true, why do I stay until Monday? If the resort doesn't want us there that long, maybe it's time to start SHORTENING the weekend.

Jarlaxle likes this.
  11. emBARK

emBARK Level 0 Character

As someone who was considering staying until Monday, this might really change my thought process.

12. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Seems like all Sunday events will be scheduled to start earlier. This would mean an early afternoon ending for the last event. Will reconsider how many events I want to run since I was planning on trying to run early and then get into a 12pm game on Sunday.

13. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

Don't forget the daylight savings change hits on Sunday.

Poindexter and dndgeek like this.
  14. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Ooo, awkward timing. I don't think I've ever had that hit during a convention.
    Although there were years when IN wasn't on it and that screwed me up with GenCon arrival.

So clocks move forward and noon will be like 11am, if they hadn't moved.

Good observation, Monkey.

15. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

The convention ends at 4 pm Sunday.
    The last start time for events is Noon, local time.
    For the first couple of weeks of event submission, TTE was not allowing events to extend past noon. That's fixed now.

16. Skip

You can run after noon as long as you need (TTE will not let you start after Noon Sunday (the show offically closes at 4 pm). As I noted elsewhere, TTE was not allowing events to run past noon Sunday, but we have that fixed. In any case, if TTE won't allow you to choose the duration you want, but lets us know in the "Notes" field on the event form and Dave or I will fix it.

I'll very soon start an events troubleshooting thread where I'll share some things we've learned this year.

17. guntherfuzz8

guntherfuzz8 Level 0 Character

Quick question. When is the cut-off for event submission? I'm considering running some events, but need to make sure I don't schedule something I can't follow through on.

18. Skip

Event submission closes December 31st, possibly earlier if we fill the available space sooner.