Garycon II boardgaming events

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Mar 28, 2009.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Okay, here are the boardgaming events I would like to host at G.C. 2.
    1) "Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition" tournament. (Currently 12 slots open, more will be made available if demand requires.)
    2) "Wings of War" re-spawning tournament. Home rules for altitude. (Currently 12 slots open. One hour in length. Multiple timeslots available.)
    3) "A Game of Thrones, the boardgame" tournament. (Currently 6 slots open.)
    4) "Risk:2210" tournament. (Currently 5 slots open, more will be made available if demand requires.)

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

I have not played A&A in years. That is such a fun game to play- but doubt I'll be able to play since I will probably be working the door. :)

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Okay, we gotta get some "door volunteers" so Dale can play a game. If you haven't seen it yet it's now a six player game. Italy is the sixth nation. New, larger map, more military units, China is still controlled by the U.S. player, but is played independently. Victory is now determined by controlling a set number of 'Victory cities'. More & different strategies are available for each player. Just a great re-do of a classic game. We have to get you away from that door, at least for a little bit.

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Quit yer whining Dale! You'll work the door and like it! Heck, I think you even got two 3 minute bathroom breaks. Luxury! And I didn't even make you pay to do it.

5. Donal

Donal Administrator

I agree! I think we need a special rank for Dale, Official Gary Con Complainer!

But in all honesty, he was the hardest working guy there (and because of it, the rest of us got to play a lot more!).

6. forgemeister

forgemeister Footpad

So Keeper- I couldn't talk you into an 8-man Tade Wars?

heh :D

XXOOCC

7. Dale

Dale Administrator

Next year I want to be The Keeper/Manager of the Gaming Cabana Girls. Hot chicks in bikinis that walk around and serve you food & cold beverages.

Of course, I get an occasional back massage from them for my stressful duties of gaming. :D

8. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Some one need to hire the cop (security guard) from Gary Con 0 every year. And if you can get her to wear a bikini - oh my...better have paramedics on hand too.

9. Dale

Dale Administrator

Well I'm not a paramedic, but I am an EMT. I guess that can do in a pinch. We have a saying- EMT's save Paramedics from themselves. We catch them jumping straight to ALS mode, when BLS is all that is needed.

It's funny you should bring her up. I remember thinking that she was not having a good time at all being around us at the Legion Hall. She seemed like she was in nerd Hell or something. Oh, wait.

:!:

10. rossik

rossik Footpad

i would like to see "The Battle for Luke Gygax" aka "Circus Maximus" :D

11. francisca

francisca Troubadour

It's only a two player game, but I plan on bringing my copy of Gary's Alexander the Great, published by Avalon Hill, to GaryCon II.

Alexander is good old hex'n'counter wargame, with a nifty morale system, first published by Guidion Games, later by AH.

Here is the BGG entry: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1726

I'm also kicking around bringing some other old TSR boardgames:
    Snit's Revenge
    Warlocks and Warriors
    Lankhmar

Though I'm loathe to bring Snit's Revenge, as my copy is unpunched.

We need to start CM earlier next year. :)

12. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

WAIT A DANG MINUTE!!!!!! I THOUGHT I WAS "THE KEEPER" :?: ( Gotta get in on this one somehow, I'd love a massage.) :lol:

13. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Soon as I figure out what 'Tade Wars' is I let ya know. :)

14. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

What about 'King of the Tabletop' (a.k.a. Kings & Things) or Divine Right? (Sorry, Luke. I brought it w/ to G.C. 1, just forgot to show it to you.) I could also bring my Avalon Hill copy of 'Circus Maximus' so no one's left out.

15. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

You could make a copy of Snit's (or other Wham games) from Dragon and play off that.

16. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

I've never played the Dungeon board game and was watching some peeps playing. I seriously want to try it next year.

:)

17. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Don't have either, though if DR6 is out by then, I may have that.

Now that, I do have. :D

18. Donal

Donal Administrator

I think I'm the guilty party for bringing my Dungeon! board game to both Gary Con 0 and Gary Con I. I definitely plan on going for 3 in a row and bringing it to Gary Con II!

19. Dale

Dale Administrator

I've always loved playing Dungeon! Good fun times...

20. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I have a copy of Snits Revenge/Snit Smashing that I already punched. So I can bring it and you can keep your copy pristine. I don't have a copy of Alexander though- it is fun as I remember, its been like 25 years since I played.