GaryCon V

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otto von grunwald, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Sooooooo..... Can we register yet?

;)

-Otto

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

We are still trying to catch our breath from GCIV. We promise to not ban you this coming year. :D

3. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Whats the hold-up. You guys have had a whole 2 days already. ;)

4. extsr

extsr Chevalier

I wanna post Eldritch events in advance, but I can't.

c'mon, back to work. ;>

F

5. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Sign me, Gabby, and Britainney up anyway! :D

6. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I've already started some preliminary work on my Gary Con V events. I might run more than one Paranoia game next year, since they're so popular. Probably no more than two, though, because my brain needs some variety when I'm GMing that much in such a short amount of time and Paranoia can get really wacky. Maybe something with mounted guns and big explosions. I'll bet giant robots with big explosions would be a hit with the kids.

7. mlpeel

mlpeel Level 0 Character

Please do! My older son was unfulfilled (and took multiple opportunities to say so) because Paranoia conflicted with one of his must-play events -- but his younger brother got to play. I'm all for anything that lessens the chance I'll have to listen to *that* again next year.

8. Poochiepup

Poochiepup Level 0 Character

I'm so there!

9. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

For next year I'm thinking that while I may not do 9 different game systems again. As the GM, it's just too hard to go from one rules set to the next in 30 minutes time. However, I'll likely still do as many events, just multiple sessions of the ones I really like. Gangbusters x2, Top Secret x2, Amber DRPG x2, and either Call of Cthulhu or Marvel Super Heroes x2.

10. francisca

francisca Troubadour

My son is already working on next year's kids-only game.

11. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Hmmm, if I continue to run Shadowrun, what are the chances that I could come up with an original kid friendly, fun, light, Shadowrun Mission...

I do think the by kids for kids thing is pretty awesome - it is nice to see kids that have an imagination and are willing to use it.

12. francisca

francisca Troubadour

We considering working up the adventure my son ran in a "module format" PDF for distribution.

13. clangador

clangador Footpad

My son is already bugging me if we can go back next year. It took me the past two days of "taking it easy" to recover from the sleep deprivation of the con.

14. blackmote

blackmote Footpad

trust me - I was already brainstorming on what I might submit for next year while at the Con this year. hah hah! :twisted:

I have a nice 6-7 hr session already half written up for AD&D 2E, but may consider revamping it for C&C after playing that system a couple of times this past weekend. I'll be getting to work on that as soon as I find the AD&D to C&C conversion rules on the TLG forums. :D

15. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Your son did a great job Rich. I got a real kick out of watching the kids learn to play. Brings back memories!

16. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I am still recovering Clangador!

17. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Uhggg recovery... I have been fighting something for weeks, thought I had it beat, but by 3 am Sunday towards the end of Night of the Walking Wet I just about coughed a lung up. Course that was 'cuz my fellow players are just too damned funny - and my system is messed up. Slept almost all day Monday, struggled through work the last two days. Now, I give up, its off to the doc for 'script's or whatever else it takes to knock out this damned whatever.

It was worth it though; for the most part I had a great time. GMing was every bit as stressful (for me) as I thought it'd be, but the results exceeded my expectations. It was interesting being on the other side of the curtain.

18. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I hear ya Totan, my voice is only just recovering. However I am already filling up to the brim with new ideas for events to run at Gary Con V. I'm thinking of running three events that will encompass all three modules making up, Against the Giants! They will be ran as separate stand-alone adventures with Day One being the Steading of the Hill Giant Chieftain, Day Two running Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl and then on Day Three, Hall of the Fire Giant King.

Other choices to choose from would be:

Call of Cthulhu 5th Ed., using the old module, Escape from Innsmouth

Gangbusters, with my original adventure entitled, The Real McCoy.

Amber DRPG, letting the players create their own characters in which they would initially get to participate in an attribute auction.

Top Secret, using my scenario entitled, The Oslo Affair.

And finally, my original Marvel scenario, Legends of Future Past. (Though this one I might run two sessions of, one using TSR's Advanced Marvel Roleplay system and one using Margaret Weis' new system, MARVEL HEROIC ROLEPLAYING--obviously her system would run independent of the DGS offerings as it is still very much in print).

19. osarious

osarious Chevalier

I think you should run all three back-to-back as a mega-all day adventure.
    Just my opionion. :lol:

Osarious

20. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I'm considering that actually. However, I don't know if players could devote a whole day to my games. I am thinking of running them one day back-to-back but allowing for new players in each, however, giving players who wish to play it back-to-back first seating.