GaryCon V

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by otto von grunwald, Mar 27, 2012.

1. mlpeel

mlpeel Level 0 Character

That's right: I already don't have enough hours in the brief run of GaryCon to do everything I want to do, and now you're thinking of adding this to the mix. I may need a vacation next February just to recover from the stress of deciding what to register for and what to defer to the next GaryCon...

2. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Next year I'll be rolling out DGS One on One Games. One hour solo adventures. The player will get to pick one of a number of genres (or roll for it), MSH, Top Secret, Star Frontiers, Star Wars d20, Ad&d or CoC d20. A quick adventure in-between games. It will either be sign up or a pick up game. I'll have to talk to Chris about this. Also check out the forums for DGS Online. I'll be putting together DGS games using the d20 program (I have pre-paid for 5 slots, so nothing needs to be purchased.) I have been wanting to do this for some time and now the time is just about right.

Knuckles forward!

Michael

3. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Red

Top Secret
    Gangbusters

A Must!

4. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Or Top Secret
    Boot Hill

But COMBINE them into a Wild, Wild West homage! Secret agent cowboys!

/strokes chin thoughtfully

5. Good to know! Hehehe

6. CKDad

CKDad Level 0 Character

Glad you enjoyed C&C, blackmote! If you have trouble digging up some conversion guidelines, you can PM me here or over on the TLG forums (I'm CKDad there, and hang out there more often).

7. clangador

clangador Footpad

Yea it doesn't seem to get any easier the older one gets. At least that's how it works for me.

8. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Great news, Rich! Ethan (my 8 year old) sounds interested-ish in attending next year.

9. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

I will definitely be running a game geared towards the younger crowd. I definitely hope to healthy this time around.

10. Ligmancer

Ligmancer Level 0 Character

I brought both kids (6 & 8) this year. My 6 year old wants to play Dungeons & Dragons all the time now, but with "that map where the guy draws on it and we can see the bad guys", (i.e. DM using a battlemat and miniatures). Both kids played in the "Fuzzy Heroes" game on Saturday and the all kid OD&D/ACK adventure on Sunday. They had a blast!

11. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I'd love to bring my 9 year old daughter next year, she is turning into a major Doctor Who fan and she loves reading my old Monster Manual. I'm just not sure how I would watch her with all the events I plan to run. ;)

12. ErikinOregon

ErikinOregon Level 0 Character

I know a few guys who love to play top secret.

13. go0gleplex

go0gleplex Level 0 Character

Okay. I've had time to recover. Where do we sign up for GC V now? :twisted:

14. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

Red,

I hope that you will return to Oriental Adventures.

15. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Thanks Greywolf, after having lived in Japan for 6 years, being married to a Japanese women, and being a fan of the culture long before that, it's a culture I feel an affinity for. I had a blast running Oriental Adventures AD&D at Gary Con III so don't worry, I fully plan to return to it. ;)

Look for me to be running Oriental Adventures again at Gary Con V.

16. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

Sooooooo... Any word on the date yet? Work just sent around the vacation sign-up for next year, so I'd like to make sure someone else doesn't claim the same week.

17. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

We are 99% on the dates and location, but we need to tighten up a few last details with the hotel. We should be announcing soon. Its great to see folks eager to make their plans now!

18. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I thought I has seen posted somewhere (Facebook maybe?) that the dates would be finalized/announced sometime in July. I can't find it now, though. :(

19. ogrevampire

ogrevampire Level 0 Character

I will be bringing my 6 (then 7 year old son this next trip) There were so many kids his age last March. Gotta keep the gamer population up.

20. bighara

bighara Chevalier

My will be almost 10yo asked me about going to GC5. My concern is whether her interest can be maintained for the whole wkend as we are less than local.