Getting closer........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Oct 26, 2010.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

........& The Keeper's count down begins...........
    Only 150 days 'til Garycon 3.
    Come on March!!

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

Preach on brother, preach on!

:D

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

HEY! We're down to 124 days until great happiness!! Where has the time gone?

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I have 106 days left until we transfer authority to our replacing unit. That gives me about 15 days to get back to the States, out process from Ft Lewis, go home, pack and get to Gary Con! I might be cutting it pretty close!

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

w00t! I'm stoked! I was going to book my flight this last weekend, but I'm holding out for another month or so. I think Southwest will have some good deals. Of course, the closest they get is Chicago-Midway, but if I can snag a $55 each way flight, so be it. I like driving in cities anyway. :)

6. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Dimension Door?

7. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

One of my scenarios is completely finished. Two others just need a bit more massaging and one needs a map for which I've already made arrangements. I just tacked on two Learn to Hack sessions, so it looks like I'm back to my usual shtick... run a bunch, hope to play in one. :cry:

8. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I'm amazed at how great a price many of you guys can get on tickets. Just blows me away. However, I'm looking forward to the long drive up there this year because the wife will be with me. It should be interesting to actually spend about 12 hours on the road together without any kids. I can't remember the last time we went on a trip like that!

BTW, with the above said, don't ever try to fly out of Memphis if you can help it. I know people who are coming into Memphis for a Convention and they found it cheaper to fly into and out of Nashville and catching a ride to and from Memphis. Crazy ain't it?

9. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Just submitted my events for Friday night and Saturday day. Can't wait! Oh, I still need to book my room . . .

10. seskis281

seskis281 Level 0 Character

Just paid for the family registration badges, and booked the room at Lake Geneva Lodge...

Mona and I are geeking out in anticipation for this coming March :p

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Well, those prices aren't set in stone. In fact, I just saw a commercial for Southwest and those prices are only good between Jan. 7th and March 9th... Grrr... Perhaps some new deal will come about in a month or so... I'd love to drive to Wisconsin, but I think it's about 16 hours for me and that's just waaaay too long. Have fun though! See ya' there! :D

12. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Well, I'm on an "up in the air" basis now, and won't know if I can attend until early march. :(

13. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

March's approaching and my GCII report is still there... I have to finish it even if it is hard in English for me... babada boo bi? Bibidi boobidi babada. D'oh! :D

14. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Okay. I dun't git it :?:
    :lol:

We've got 106 days to go!

15. Dale

Dale Administrator

The time is drawing near for all of us to gather again... and this year there could be a lot of snow on the ground.

So don't be *that* guy to roll into WI with just t-shirts. Be prepared for some cold. :p

16. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Shhhhh....If they come with only t-shirts, they might have to buy like 10 Gary Con t-shirts to layer up to go outside... ;-)

17. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

That gives me an idea...........RENT-A-COAT!
    :lol:

18. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

That gives me an idea.... Gary Con parkas, or bomber jackets... ;-)

19. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Yeah, I'm going to need a good parka before I fly back. REI time!

20. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

ONLY.............99 days 'til Garycon 3!!
    FINALLY! In the double digits. :)