Getting closer........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Oct 26, 2010.

1. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Three songs come to mind. Of course there is "Ninetynine days until Garycon 3, ninetynine days till the con, another one down, were all hangin round, just 98 days until Garycon 3."

The others ..... RUSH "Closer to the Con" ... 'blacksmiith and the artist'.....
    and lastly...Grand Funk Railroad....I'm ...get..ting...closer...to...the...c-o-o-o-on '

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Eh, okay. That's a pretty warped mind...................

BUT' I LIKE IT! :D

3. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Just submitted my three events. The Terrible Truth of Blackwater Bay, a 1st edition Gamma World event; Prometheus Calling, a Star Frontiers/Knight Hawks event; and Two Princes Too Many, a 1st Ed AD&D event!

4. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Man, you guys act like it's Christmas or something.... :lol:

5. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

All I want for Christmas is GAMING!

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

87 days, & counting!

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

We're down to 71 days........that's almost 10 weeks!! :)

8. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

Good times from GCII, I hope to be among those again that closed the convention down! :D
    [​IMG]

9. Donal

Donal Administrator

Interesting. When Luke and I were doing the work of actually closing the Con down, you know, moving stuff, packing stuff, cleaning up stuff--work type stuff. I kept thinking... "Where's Dale?" Now I know, he was off posing for pictures! ;)

10. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

Lol! Yea, I hear you have to keep his nose to the grinding wheel or he might end up on a boat with a drink. Or at least in a game with a drink… :D

In Dale’s defense though he a real cool cat that I always like talking to at Gary Con. (or on Facebook) :cool:

I always try to give him a “go to the bathroom, get something to eat or drink, hang out a bit” break while I watch the front desk. (I do like hanging out at the front desk seeing all the people coming in and what not!) Every time I wandered up front he was there. :shock:

11. Dale

Dale Administrator

Opps, I just got busted on camera. You know me, I am one of the original photo whores. Gotz to get my mug in the frame.

Besides, lugging boxes up and down stairs is heavy work. ;)

Thanks for the kind words Shalaban. The reason you would always find me at the "front door" is because Luke is a sadistic taskmaster. I am surprised he does not have me chained to the front desk, like Cerberus watching the gate. :p

12. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Whoa - that would be totally cool!

Does anyone know where we can get a specialty costume like that on short notice?

;)

13. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Probably because you don't have enough heads.

14. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Good idea Dale. I know a couple guys that work for movie production companies. Maybe I can get a make-up artist to work up a Cerebus costume. The chain should be easy- so that is a go for sure :twisted: (bathroom breaks may be an issue- maybe I can get a curtain and some empty soda bottles for you).

15. Dale

Dale Administrator

That's it. I hate all of you equally.

:p

And yes, I'll be at the front door checking yer badges. Pray that I don't turn into a TSA agent. You might get the "special" pat down.

16. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Even if we were to thank you for your sacrifice so the rest of us could game freely for 72 hours? lol

17. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

The MAN with THE HANDS. :lol:
    (Sorry, but it's been along time since I was "hated".)

18. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Hmm, guess Me and JImmy missed that photo-op. We didn't leave until Monday!

19. gcrandy

gcrandy Level 0 Character

I've wrote about Lake Geneva, I 've visited Lake Geneva, I wrote about the guys who started and ran Gen Con but I've never gamed with them. That's what I look forward too.
    Randu
    Gen Con Historian

20. shalaban

shalaban Chevalier

Everyone in the photo except Dale and the guy to his left were playing in a Mythus game I was running. Someone came in and told us they were shutting down the rooms and that we were the last people gamming. We were mostly done though. Then someone said that they wanted to get a picture of the last gamers gamming. So we all lined up along the wall, then I had a lot of gamming material to pack up. It was a great time! :D