Getting closer........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Oct 26, 2010.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

ELEVEN, COUNT 'EM, ELEVEN DAYS BOYS & GIRLS!!! Everybody sing!

Oh, my bags are packed,
    I'm ready to go.
    I'm standin' outside those convention doors.
    I hate the wait,
    & I just wanna say.........
    (chorus)
    I'm gam-in' at the GARYCON.
    Don't know when bedtime will come around.

(Be glad I did it on the forums cuz I am tone deaf. In person it sorta sounds like a bear gettin' raped by an elephant. Gruesome!) :shock:

2. mark

mark Spellbinder

Grab a roll of quarters. You'll need some going back and you can use the balance in the hotel soda machines. :)

3. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Two tests and two papers until my quarter is finished. The good thing: one has no deadline. Looks like I have time to do my two adventures before leaving after all. lol

4. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

We're in the single digits.......
    9 days to go
    :D

5. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Still unbelievable that I went there once and... it is going to happen again.

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

"When you wish upon a star....."
    So, believe!!!

(See you soon!) :)

7. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I think it's freakin' awesome that you flew all the way from Italy last year and are doing it again. It must seem like another world to you. :)

8. smokin

smokin Chevalier

It's hard to believe but by this time next week I'll be in my vehicle heading to GC3.
    Let the good tomes roll... :cool:

9. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Getting all my printing done today. Maybe I'll have time to figure things out before I get there!

10. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Well, I decided to go ahead and take Amtrak. Since the family can't come (and I couldn't find a friend to ride with me) I thought this would be just as fun and a lot less draining on me personally.

I should be in Illinois on Wednesday and on Thursday I'm going to make my wife over to Lake Geneva. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and hope to have some fun. Maybe I can even get in some gaming on Thursday.

Ready to sling some dice!

11. Ernie

Ernie Level 0 Character

Well Thursday we will be gathering again at the Next Door Pub. My start time is 5PM and sometime after 8PM I will head home and open up my house to gaming, movie watching, Spotted Cow swilling and general chatter.

3125 Lockwood Blvd Lake Geneva (just off of Hwy 50). The doorbell doesn't work so just come on in and join the party. Bottles, snacks, games are all welcome if you wish to donate to the cause, but none are necessary. Come to the table were my father and others used to game weekly. Welcome to Gary Con!

12. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Yes, from simple things - I.E. how you use presents to please friends - to food and... many things... las year I've been very preoccupied to offend someone without understand it... still a little nervous about it but now I know people, I'll enjoy much more the trip :cool:

13. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I'll be the guy with his face pressed against the glass waiting for the doors to open. :geek:
    (and i dont feel i will be alone) :ugeek:

:eek: :eek: Sing it with me now.... :eek: :eek:
    7 MORE DAYS UNTIL GARYCON 3
    7 MORE DAYS TILL THE CON
    ANOTHER ONE DOWN
    WERE ALL HANGIN ROUND .....

:cool:

14. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Wow, has it already been almost a year?

15. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

That sounds great. Looks like I may meet you guys at the Next Door Pub if that's okay. I'll even buy a round for you!

Looking forward to it.

Derek

16. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

No worries, Luca. If you don't remember, my friend Jimmy and I were the two guys at the bar when you first walked on Thursday afternoon. We bought you a round, if I do recall. Don't be shy about breaking local customs; believe it or not, Americans are very understanding of such things. We're just happy to have people from so far away come visit us. :)

17. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

He's right, Luca. We're Americans.....we're used to offending people! :lol:

From what I understand, most of the customs from your country would not be considered offensive in the US. Instead, it would be just the opposite. We would find most of your customs to be extremely polite and well mannered. Something we could do well to learn from......;)

By the way, Italy is in my top four countries that I'd like to visit outside the US.

18. greg

greg Level 0 Character

In an eastern european accent Greg says "I recommend you watch the Borat movie to familiarize with american customs. It is a documentary about a reporter from kazakhstan who comes to america to learn about the American cultures. Without knowledge from said Borat movie I believe you will cause much suffering to the fine American peoples who are governed by strict formalities of how to behave in public and on the internets."

19. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Spotted Cow... here I come!

20. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I purchased a case of Guiness Draught for the con. My gaming group all drank one can apiece. None of us enjoyed it. I had to force another down on principle and gave the rest to a german friend. I'll have to come up with another idea for the cooler.
    Hate to say it but I've never heard of Spotted Cow.