Getting to Garycon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarlaxle, May 4, 2017.

1. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Because advance planning avoids problems...I am already planning how I'm getting there in 10 months. This is, tberefore, the thread for transportation stuff...airfare deals, Uber/Lyft coupons, ideas, rental cars, etc.

2. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

OK...so...how are people doing GaryCon? Fly, drive, bus...train?

3. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Most of my friends fly, but I still drive from CT (16-17 hours) every year, because I have too much crap to bring on a plane.

4. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Fly. No time to drive 13 hours now, but maybe maybe someday, like when I retire.

5. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Same area...i drive from RI. I am simply not willing to fly.

6. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

I will be driving again from CNY, about 12 hours or so.

7. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Road trips are fun! When they don't include Pennsylvania, of course.

8. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Hey, PA is nice...beautiful scenery!

I'm renting (probably a minivan) and driving out...will have one or more other people, probably the stuff for 2 others. (Hence said minivan.)

9. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Very true, but the snowstorms, traffic, lack of highway lighting, vertical driving, hillbillies and the fact that it takes half my lifetime to drive through the state don't make up for it!

Melf likes this.
  10. Taliesian

Taliesian Level 0 Character

I will be driving from central KS, will load some friends into car and hit the road...looking forward to it!

11. gmbarry

gmbarry Footpad

Driving from Philly again....

12. emBARK

emBARK Level 0 Character

Flying from Buffalo, between work and family obligations (plus I hate driving) it's easier to just fly in Thursday early am and out Sunday.

13. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Flying to where, and getting from there to LG how? It's only a 10-hour ride from Buffalo. (Rental cars at airports are jaw-droppingly expensive.)

14. emBARK

emBARK Level 0 Character

Only 10 hours lol? I can be in Chicago by 9 am Thursday and LG by 10:30 at the latest. If I drove, I wouldn't be there until 4:30 or later. Luckily my wife loves me and I'm able to and afford the flight.

15. SoulCatcher78

SoulCatcher78 Level 0 Character

Driving up from the bottom of Indiana - 8 or 9 hours. Not sure if flying solo on this or not yet.

Hotel is booked Thursday through Sunday. Thinking now with the drive I might want to add Wednesday night onto that reservation so I'm not either exhausted from driving through the night or miss a big chunk of Thursday because of travel.

16. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I use a teleport spell.

Poindexter likes this.
  17. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

think of the time and money to be saved...you might need Teleport Without Error to get home though!

Melf likes this.
  18. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

I would ship myself LTL freight before flying.

19. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Me? I'd have something special prepped for that.

Poindexter likes this.
  20. Wooly

Wooly Level 0 Character

Thinking about driving from Central Kentucky (Lexington) but I really hate to drive 8 hours alone. Anyone interested in carpooling let me know.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017