GM Roster and Player Schedule

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mwisconsin, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Ah, so is that your daughter rather than you registered in my Thursday AS&SH game, J?

2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

No, that one was me!

3. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

Ha! Excellent! Should be a really fun crew.

4. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

so as GM, I take it if someone has multiples, I verify them and then they say, "He/she's with me."?

5. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Hey, that's my real name! ;)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    mwisconsin likes this.
  6. Jeff

Jeff Level 0 Character

There are two events that I preregistered for (and received email confirmation for) which aren't on my player schedule. Even more ominous, some of the coins I spent during preregistration have magically reappeared in my wallet (I was at a zero balance after preregistering). I should also mention that I checked and there's no indication that either event has been canceled/scrubbed, and the event roster says that both are completely full. How hosed am I? I'm assuming 'very' or 'completely.' :(

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  7. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Jeff -- while I don't know to which events you're referring, this PDF is the same code that was responsible for showing you your roster of events on your "My Account" screen, previously. If you're missing an event between that display and this display, please let me know in a PM.

Regardless, as it's only a few days out from the convention, the badges and schedules have been printed, and your best and most likely avenue for getting into any event is to show up at a table with a green card and see if there are any available seats.

8. Jeff

Jeff Level 0 Character

I sent you a PM as requested but I understand you to be telling me that I'm imagining things-- that I was never registered for the events that I got confirmation emails for preregistering for, that I never registered for events that your system deducted coins for these events so that I was at a zero balance, and that nothing happened to remove us from events which were at one time listed under "my account" as completed transactions. Respectfully, there is an issue here, but we'll have fun regardless, even if I am disappointed in this response. I get that there isn't anything you can do to fix this error at such a late date, but I would think someone would be concerned to hear that this happened in the first place. When other people start coming to you with complaints similar to this in the midst of the convention, I'd strongly suggest not telling them that it's all in their head. Just saying.

9. mwisconsin

I actually didn't say that. Specifically, if you're missing things that were listed on your My Account screen previously, I asked you to reach out to me in a PM, as I'd like to investigate that further.

Jeff -- I didn't say anything like that. If you're upset that you're missing an event on your listing, I can appreciate that. I don't appreciate taking it out on me.

Just saying.

Traxion likes this.
  10. Jeff

Jeff Level 0 Character

Respectfully, that's not what I was told. Your response was that "this PDF is the same code which was responsible for showing me events on my 'My Account Screen' previously." That isn't the case. Something changed between the date of preregistration and today. I was also told that you'd look into it if I was missing something between my 'My Account' display and the display in my player schedule, with NO ACKBOWLEDGEMENT of what I was telling you, which is that I was previously registered for items which I am not registered for today.

I'm not upset about that at all. Disappointed, yes, but not upset. But I sure didn't like being told that I could PM you if I wanted if the two displays didn't match now, which isn't the problem I described, with the implication that your response to THE ACTUAL problem is tough luck, no apology, no empathy.

Nobody's taking anything out on anybody. I paid money to Gary Con and I'm your customer. I brought a problem to your attention and got an underwhelming response when I brought it to you. I guess it is what it is. If you're willing to look into this I'd really appreciate it.

Again, maybe not the best approach to take with a paying customer who alerts you to a problem. But I'm over it. Thanks for your time.

11. mwisconsin

I acknowledged what you said, Jeff. I wouldn't have responded to you at all had I had chosen to not acknowledge what you said.

I made a personal offer to investigate your problem. That offer still stands. There's literally nothing I can do to change the items that have already been submitted and returned from the printers, but I'd be happy to help determine the disparity between what you've seen, and what you're seeing now.

I apologize, Jeff. Even though I'm not a customer service representative, nor am I the appointed public relations person for Gary Con, I'm still a volunteer here, and you're a paying customer of this event. I'm at best a coder, and we're not known for our personalities. I still feel as if you're attacking me on a wide range of issues, but I can accept that my feelings may be unfounded.

12. Jeff

Jeff Level 0 Character

Thanks. I do appreciate that you're a volunteer and that there isn't much that you can do at this point. My original intent in posting about this issue was to let you know that there was a problem, with the understanding that I was probably out of luck, but also to make sure that you were aware that your system had somehow unregistered attendees from events which they were previously confirmed for. I was trying to be helpful and hoping that maybe you'd tell us that all was well, that the player schedule was wrong but we were still registered for everything that we signed up for. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you. I felt like I was getting the blow-off, so maybe we just weren't communicating very effectively. Thank you for looking into this. We're looking forward to attending this week.

13. athornton

athornton Footpad

I would like to ask that the event quantity also show up on the web interface again. I don't really care whether the printed sheet is correct, but having something I can print that would let me square up the calendar that the eight of us (on five separate accounts) negotiated, with the tickets purchased, so that we can say, "Hey Paolo: you are in The Jakallan Underworld on an Adam Thornton ticket" would be very helpful.

sir jon and Jarlaxle like this.
  14. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

And he is a volunteer trying to make the convention fun for as many people as he can. He offered to look into what happened and he gave you the information he has and gave you a realistic view of the outcome. All relatively quickly. He could have easily ignored your original post and been spared the harsh retort.

15. Jeff

Jeff Level 0 Character

I don't think my reply was that harsh. I have family flying in to attend Gary Con this year and we're spending a ton of money to be here. My daughter has been working on her costume for one of these events for weeks. My initial message was nice, and the response I got back didn't even offer a "sorry this happened" or "that's too bad." And if you go back and reread, the offer of assistance was for anything that my "MyAccount" said I was currently registered for, completely ignoring my concern about having been mysteriously unregistered for events somehow. But in any case this exchange is done now, everyone has apologized, and there's no need for anyone not involved in it to try to stir things up. They're looking into it and hopefully I'll hear something back from them soon.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  16. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Hmm

I just saw that, under My Game Schedule http://garycon.com/printPlayerSchedule.php, one of my events is missing.
    Not sure how long that page has been viewable. I haven't really been looking, as my events and confirmation email and coin counts have all been correct for a while. I haven't made or requested or received notice of any changes since registration.

The event list was correct back when it was shown in a different format.

(
    Thieves In the Night,
    March 3 @ 12:00 pm
    TICKET #
    11365)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  17. mwisconsin

I actually sent you (and all the other players in that event) an email. Jesse, the DM, won't be able to make it to Gary Con this year, and had to cancel at the last moment.

18. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Really? Bummer.
    Recently?
    Did it come from your email or the GaryCon account? To the same email the all the email blasts go out to?

I just checked (spam filter, too) and don't see anything.

19. Traxion

Traxion Footpad

I got the email. The DM also posted here or on Facebook .