Greyhawk (off the) map

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Druvas, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Anyone here ever develop and map any areas off the Flanaess? Particularly, I am interested in other areas of Oerik. Show me whatchoo got!

2. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I did a chunk of the western portion of the southern continent and called it 'Cipingu.' It was a marginally Asiatic society with a highly charged, sexually adventurous empress and eight or nine distinct states within the country itself. Magic was controlled by a government sanctioned school and the only other demi-humans were halflings... although it was known that elves did exist, they were seen as "uncivilized." I wish I had a scan of the map to show, I actually liked it, for the piece of crap it was.

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

That is exactly what I am looking for! I am thinking of doing chunk myself... Sounds really cool. If you ever find it you should post it!

4. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Erik Mona wrote up a long post about Western Oerik some years ago, and I thought I had uploaded it to CF! downloads awhile ago, but don't see it (and the downloads are probably broken anyway, so....). I'll see if Erik is OK with me posting it to my site (with the eventual goal of getting it on CF!, of course).

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Very cool! I would love to see that!

Edit: What's CF?

6. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Canonfire! ;)

7. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Oh yeah! Duh! I've never really spent much time over there. I guess I should...

8. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

So I pulled the trigger on the hex-graph paper. It is a 12' x 3' roll (1/3" hexes, like in the Darlene map). I'm no great artist or cartographer so I thought I would throw out an idea I had. I could bring the roll of paper with me to GC2 with at least the outline of the rest of Oerik drawn on it and we could all decide by committee how to draw in the terrain and populate it with Nations, etc. I know it's not gaming, but it could be a nice after hours diversion. Then, we could figure out a way to get it reproduced for those of us that participated. Would anyone have any interest in doing something like this? Don't be shy, my delicate feelings can handle rejection!

9. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I'm always up for some crazy world building.

10. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Excellent.

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Cool! I received the roll of hex paper in the mail today. I shall preserve it for the trek North and West.

12. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Sounds like fun, Charley. Should I bring some colored pencils to the show? :D

How's the roll turn out? IIRC, you said they were printing it custom to your specs right?

13. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Yes, indeed! Please bring some colored pencils. I question my ability to get a rough outline on paper prior to my arrival. A. I don't know if I will have the time, B. I'm not sure what map to use as the "official map", and C. I ain't no artist! :mrgreen:

The Darlene Map uses .33 inch hexes and this paper has .35 inch hexes. It was as close as they could get to .33, which should be fine and not noticeably different.