grodog not attending GaryCon IV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grodog, Jan 15, 2012.

1. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Well, at this point I think I should make it official: I'm not going to attend GaryCon this year. Jon and I are splitting our Black Blade convention appearances, with him attending GaryCon and GenCon, and me attending North TX RPG Con.

I'm going to miss the many folks I've gamed and visisted with at GaryCon, and hope to return again next year, of course, but that's where things stand today. (It is possible, however unlikely, that some external funding may come through to allow me to attend, but I'm not counting on that at this time, and don't want to submit events and have folks planning their games around them, and then not be able to run them. So, I'm taking the more cautious approach atm).

See you in 2013, hopefully! :D

2. welleran

welleran Footpad

A real bummer, Allan! I had been looking forward to a third year of your Castle Greyhawk.

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

Vasquez . . ?

Vasquez!?!?!?!

You'll be missed, Allan. :(

4. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

Bummer news, Allan! Guess we'll see you next year. :(

5. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Very sad news for the rest of us Grodog. You will be missed! :(

6. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Well, that put a pin in my fun. Was looking forward to a good grodog romp again.

7. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Well, I'll keep my fingers crossed that things will somehow work out and ole grodog will be present! :)

8. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Don't worry! I can get you killed in anybody's game!

9. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

No worries, Allan, your legend lives on! :D

Maybe some of us knuckleheads can even figure out how to run Aliens in the bar, who knows?

10. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

No grodog at Gary Con? Well, that just sucks.

11. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Yeah, don't remind me. Maybe we should get involved in the car race.

12. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Yep, I agree. Was looking forward to seeing you again. Blast.

13. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Well damn, grodog-who-lives-in-the-same-town-as-me! Ironically, the twelve-hour-drive-away Gary Con is the only time I ever manage to see you!
    Nevertheless, I understand having to do as you must, so best wishes - hopefully next year.

14. tellion

tellion Footpad

Hey Grodog, how much external funding would you need to make an appearance this year? I could use some advertising for my recent endeavors in publishing, and I believe your webpages and blogs would be a good fit. Drop me a line at [email protected] and mayhap we can work something out.

15. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I found out last night that our finances will be OK for me to attend this year, after-all. Thank you to those of you who made generous offers of support, which I'm quite thankful for, even if we didn't need them in the end :D

16. mlpeel

mlpeel Level 0 Character

That's good news! Do you hope to run any games, or will you just play?

17. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I'll be running some Castle Greyhawk AD&D 1e events, and some Aliens minis games, probably: I need to confer with Jon to see if there's room in the truck for the Aliens set-up (and with Chris that there's space for it).

18. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I just submitted four events: the Castle Greyhawk events are for 10 players, the Aliens for 15. Hopefully Chris has room for the Aliens game :D

Thursday: 112602 grodog's Castle Greyhawk
    Friday: 214501 Aliens: Rescue Newt
    Saturday: 314501 Aliens: Hunt the Queen
    Sunday: 408601 grodog's Castle Greyhawk

19. tellion

tellion Footpad

That's awesome news. I'll keep an eye open for your events, especially Castle Greyhawh. Hopefully I can arrange to get into one, but either way it is great that you are able to make it.

cheers

20. tellion

tellion Footpad

Allan, do you know when these should be reflected in the event catalog? More importantly, do you know what time the Thursday Castle Greyhawk event will be held?