grodog's ticket and badge bought!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grodog, Jan 13, 2010.

1. grodog

grodog Troubadour

So, I finally pulled the trigger on my airfare and badge, and will arrive in MKE around dinner time on the 18th, then Rob and I will drive up to LG together that night. Can't wait to see everyone there!

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I will be the unofficial convoy leader for the pre-Garycon 2 'Gab & Munch' at ye Next Door Pub. We don't have an exact time as to when we will be 'storming their gates', but if you like pizza & beer let me know.

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Great news, Allan! I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the Old-School crew. And, yeah, just follow Mr. Keepers' hoopty to the Next Door Pub. :D

4. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Great!

It's always good to see you, Allan.

5. mark

mark Spellbinder

Super. Looking forward to it. :)

6. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Thanks everyone :D

Yes, I don't see any reason that we wouldn't drop NDP, so do please keep me in the loop!

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I will also copy some Map Quest directions & leave them with the hotel front desk, so anyone arriving after the convoy has left can still navigate their way to the Next Door Pub. :cool: Wouldn't want anybody going hungry, don't ya know. :)
    I will start forming the convoy, in the hotel lobby, around 5:30 pm.

8. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

Out of curiosity, just how far is the NDP from the hotel? Reasonable walking distance if one doesn't mind walking, or are we talking driving-only distance?

Andy

9. mark

mark Spellbinder

Is thls it?

(Bad map removed.)

10. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

11. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Traveling distance is five miles. I know I wouldn't want to walk it, even if Lake Como is frozen over.
    If you need a lift I'am sure one of us can squeeze you in.

12. mark

mark Spellbinder

13. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

14. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

Holy smokes.. that's isn't a walk, that's a road march : P

Never having been to Lake Geneva, I asked thinking it might be like ten blocks or something. Whenever I visit a new place and have the time to do so, I like to explore the place on foot - hence the question. Sadly, 5 miles is a bit beyond reasonable distance for a stroll (especially in Wisconsin in March, unless there is a freak heat wave).

Thanks to all for the info : )

Andy

15. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

The hotel is actually in a very nice location. Rural roads, woods, Lake Como, some homes & plenty of fresh air. If you wish to go for a stroll there's no better place. :)

16. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

A stroll about the hotel is not only likely, but probable. A 5 mile stroll to the pub and back, not so much <g>

Andy

17. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

We'll have to organize an impromptu shuttle service. Find the guys with large passenger vehicles (vans hopefully) and identify the non-drinkers. That way we can all get to and fro without attracting the attention of the city guard. However it gets done- Andy should make it to the Pub and meet up with the gang.

18. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

I'm coming in with two others in my Jeep Cherokee; I am certain I can squeeze at least one or two more in for the trip from the Lodge to the NDP; I know how to get there, and I am so used to being Designated Driver that I have no problems with that. At most, I might have two beers.

Be sure and check with the desk to ring my room (with anti-cootie powder--before any of you clowns ask) if you find yourself without a ride for that event.

I guess I'll be going, even tho' grodog will be there...

19. grodog

grodog Troubadour

:eek: :p :lol:

20. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Don't worry Grodog, some of us like people from west of the Mississippi. :shock: