grodog's ticket and badge bought!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grodog, Jan 13, 2010.

1. francisca

francisca Troubadour

WOOT!

IN. (Like there was any choice.)

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Since when is Crystal lake a suburb of Chi-town :?:
    & us 'cheddar-heads' like big cities. We just like 'em from afar! :D

3. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Hey Andy.

If you get into LG early on Thurs - you should check out the town on foot. It's worthwhile IMO and I always do it. And last year it was balmy in March . . I was out along the lake walking the trail around the lake and then sat by Tom Wham's library - sunning! :)

4. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Glad you'll be there, Allan!! :mrgreen:

5. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

Still not sure what time I'll be getting in Thursday - negotiating with work to have the day off so I can fly out in the morning; hopefully I don't get stuck working till 1700 and then flying at 2100 : P

Weather or no weather, I do plan to spend part of the weekend driving and walking around Lake Geneva and environs - check out the old Dungeon hobby shop, drive by the old Gygax house, check out the Horticultural Hall etc. - basically make my pilgramage to the Holy Sites of Gaming in true geek fashion, never having been to Lake Geneva <g> In even more over the top geek fasion, was considering making a brief road trip up to Elkhorn - as a massive Gamma World and Legion of Gold fan, would be pretty cool to see the future capital of the Barony of Horn ; )

Tom WHam has a library?!? I'll definitely have to add that to the itinerary. If anyone else is interested in doing some gamer sightseeing, let me know. I'll be flying into Milwaukee and then driving a rental car out, so I'll have some mobility.

Speaking of gamer landmarks, I read a fascinating article by Gary in Castles and Crusades where he talked about playing around in a crumbling old stone edifice SE of town - think it was a turn of the century asylum or something, would have to look the article up again. out of curiosity, does anyone from LG or environs know if that building is still standing or has it been demolised to make way for a Wal-Mart yet?

Andy

6. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Count me in for sightseeing! I should be there a few days early, so feel free to call me (Jason) if you want some company: 860-839-4574.

7. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Sightseeing sounds good to me. I'll see if I can squeeze some in. Hopefully, I'll be there Thursday afternoon and you can probably catch me at the hotel.

Derek White